PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Lelan
04-01-2013, 06:24 AM
My name is Lelan Cortez. I just started Aberdeen Lawn Care, located in Westlake, LA, in mid-March. Problem is, I'm finding that getting the licenses and setting up the business account is the (relatively) easy part!

Since then, I registered with Louisiana Office of Economic Development as a service connected disabled owned small business. I got Tax ID numbers, a DUNS number, and today I'm going to the bank to ask about insurance and bonding.

I spent about $200 for ads in the local papers and Thrifty Nickel. I got myself added to the Yellow Pages online. I got about five repeat yards and five or six more one-time/possible repeat customers out of it all so far, and feedback has been positive.

I'm trying to bootstrap this thing as much as possible. I'm not in the position to go out and spend thousands on new equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what more I can do to get this thing off on the right foot?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Lelan

Steve
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what more I can do to get this thing off on the right foot?

Welcome to our forum!

You seem to be doing great so far! What more would you like to do or improve on?

Lelan
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
You seem to be doing great so far! What more would you like to do or improve on?

Don't know. I just have this feeling that something that should be getting done is staring me in the face and I'm not seeing it.

DannyP69
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi Lelan.

Just do a great job with every client you get and the word will spread. it takes time. might i suggest the following:

business cards. vistaprint is pretty good. may be just a canadian company though but check into it.
posting on craigslist helps quite a bit too.

hope those help. ill let you know if i think of anything else but these two things alone have helped me out more than you would think.

Danny.

DannyP69
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
A pressure washer is a little bit on the pricier side but it will pay for itself in no time. Lots of people want theyre patios, fences, and decks washed off in the spring. its part of the whole spring cleaning thing and they wont hesitate to pay if your price is decent. these small jobs are HUGE potential.

Danny.