PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Nashville

Supercrew
03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Wanted to say hello I'm new to the site an hope to find some added knowledge an maybe even share some while I'm here.

GreenBlue
03-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Wanted to say hello I'm new to the site an hope to find some added knowledge an maybe even share some while I'm here.

You've found the right place, welcome.

Steve
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business?

Supercrew
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM
After several years of doing it part time finally decided to take the big leap of faith an go for it. Needless to say coming up on being in business full time for 1 1/2 years I truly have no regrets. Other than I wish I would have done it sooner.

Steve
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
What do you feel kept you from doing it sooner? I bet a lot of members here are sitting in that same boat wondering when they should make their move.

Sprinkler Buddy
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 06:37 PM
After several years of doing it part time finally decided to take the big leap of faith an go for it. Needless to say coming up on being in business full time for 1 1/2 years I truly have no regrets. Other than I wish I would have done it sooner.

That's awesome.

I'm opening a lawn service with my best friend, I already have a commercial blower and commercial trimmer, but I need to get a commercial mower, but one that is wide enough to make it through fence posts, and I need to get trailer. My Dad works at a place that sells tractor and lawn mower parts, so I'll be getting a Toro Commercial Mower from his work at his 50% discount. We are going to be getting an enclosed trailer because of weather/theft protection.

Supercrew
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
What do you feel kept you from doing it sooner? I bet a lot of members here are sitting in that same boat wondering when they should make their move.

That's a simple answer I wasn't willing to take the step until my equipment was paid for an I had a certain $ amount in my savings as a cushion.

Steve
04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
How much do you feel a part time business owner should save before they try to go full time? 1 month of their full time job salary? 2 months? 6 ? Or something else?

Supercrew
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
I would strongly recommend having at least 6 months expenses put back before doing so. Plus at least $5000 in an emergency fund

Steve
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
That sounds like a good idea. Keep us posted on how everything goes this season!

Supercrew
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Well I will definitely keep posted how it's going since going full time. I am hoping this year if it's anything like last season to be adding a TORO Dingo to the equipment list. I recently sold my Hustler SuperZ that I bought used with 380hrs on it. As of last month when it sold it had 1473hrs on it, and found myself not using it as much in fear of something going wrong. So I started relying more on my Exmark Turf Tracer 60in. I also decided over the winter to purchase my first brand new mower. It is a 36in. Ferris full hydro, and might I add I paid cash for it. As of right now everything I use is owned, not a penny owed on it. I went with the 36in. due to the fact about 15 of my customers had back yards that had a 42in. gate access only. Here are a couple pics of my setup as of right now.

Steve
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Here are a couple pics of my setup as of right now.

If the photos don't attach, try uploading a smaller picture. Sometimes the file size limits what you can upload.

Supercrew
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I tried again, I keep getting an error message saying something about a database error.

Steve
04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Just as a test, try uploading a small picture. Let me try it too, who knows, there might be a problem.