PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Assistance

GreenBlue
03-27-2013, 06:47 PM
I am looking at getting a couple of polo shirts for my lawn service, however I am having a difficult time trying to decide on what color would look best for my logo.

Hedgemaster
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I am looking at getting a couple of polo shirts for my lawn service, however I am having a difficult time trying to decide on what color would look best for my logo.

What are you planning to have done? Printed, or embroidered?

GreenBlue
03-27-2013, 08:22 PM
What are you planning to have done? Printed, or embroidered?

I'm wanting embroidered because they will last alot longer.

Hedgemaster
03-27-2013, 08:29 PM
That logo is a nightmare for embroidery. Way too much fine detail for embroidery.
You may want to submit that for a sample/quote somewhere for opinions/suggestions before getting your hopes up.

The background oval will have to be eliminated, or made a solid color.

Also, you don't HAVE to use your logo colors - you could have it done in white on a green shirt for example.

GreenBlue
03-27-2013, 08:53 PM
That logo is a nightmare for embroidery. Way too much fine detail for embroidery.
You may want to submit that for a sample/quote somewhere for opinions/suggestions before getting your hopes up.

The background oval will have to be eliminated, or made a solid color.

Also, you don't HAVE to use your logo colors - you could have it done in white on a green shirt for example.

I emailed the company I plan on using to see if I can see what it would look like before ordering. I'll let you know when I get a reply back and what they can assist me with. I'm thinking as long as they can get it as close to the logo as possible that's all that really matters, but I'll let the company see what they can do. If it would look better printed I am fine with that, as long as its a good print.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I emailed the company I plan on using to see if I can see what it would look like before ordering. I'll let you know when I get a reply back and what they can assist me with. I'm thinking as long as they can get it as close to the logo as possible that's all that really matters, but I'll let the company see what they can do. If it would look better printed I am fine with that, as long as its a good print.

They could get it close but because of the amount of stitching it will be smaller.

Hedgemaster
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
I worked for a direct embroidery business years ago.

That design will be next to impossible without eliminating, or reworking most of the art on the left.

I also wonder how well all that small text will reproduce in a size suitable for a front chest position.

jymie
03-27-2013, 11:24 PM
http://www.queensboro.com/ref/MQSSBOURMSM
They seem to do quality work and they will send you a sample.

J.A.S.LawnService
03-28-2013, 06:10 AM
I recently used Queensboro. I was vey happy with the result. I purchased 2 Nike sports polos for about $18.00 and 1 grey normal polo for 7. Embroidery and shipping included. Hope that helps.:)

GreenBlue
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I haven't heard anything from the company just yet, but as soon as I do, I will let everyone know.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
queensboro limits stitches. I got some stuff from them and my logo was 1"x2". Wasnt really worth the savings over the local guy. I still use them for jackets but shirts and hats are all done up the road from me.

Steve
03-28-2013, 10:32 AM
How would the logo work on a yellow shirt? It might really stand out.

GreenBlue
03-28-2013, 12:59 PM
How would the logo work on a yellow shirt? It might really stand out.

I don't know Steve, I was thinking having a yellow shirt though to stand out more, most lawn services here are using white, red, blue, and green; haven't came across ones wearing yellow as of yet.

GreenBlue
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Finally heard back from the company, they say I must order a shirt with my logo first and then they will send me a proof of what it would look like stitched and if I approve then it will go to production. I'm thinking it will just look better printed, I don't want to take a chance on ordering something that's going to look like crap. How do you think it would like digitally printed on a yellow shirt?

Steve
03-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I think it has the potential to look really nice. I think those colors would work well together and you could build on that yellow color to stand out. Yellow truck and trailer in the future too!

GreenBlue
03-29-2013, 11:57 AM
I think it has the potential to look really nice. I think those colors would work well together and you could build on that yellow color to stand out. Yellow truck and trailer in the future too!

Steve you are reading my mind on that one, because that's the plan LOL. :)

Steve
03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Can you post a pic of your logo on here with a yellow background instead of white?

GreenBlue
03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Can you post a pic of your logo on here with a yellow background instead of white?

I'll see what I can do.

GreenBlue
03-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Here is the logo with a yellow background, I think it will look awesome on a yellow trailer and the yellow pickup by just driving around yesterday this would be a major brand exposure, but no other lawn service does this, they drive a normal color truck, and their trailer is either completely white, or black, sometimes with lettering or a magnetic sign, other times no signs at all. What does everyone think?

Steve
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Here is my suggestion on it. It is tough to work with gradients with logos at times. If the background gradient could remove the white and have it go into the yellow, would that look better?