PDA

View Full Version : Uhm, yeahhh...

djm2013
03-27-2013, 12:07 AM
http://www.tonystrailers.com/cargo/kylefd.JPG
http://www.tonystrailers.com/cargo/kylefd.JPG

Never thought I would see this, but I bet his bike payment is lower then my truck payment

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2013, 12:22 AM
is that weekendwarrior?

LawnBoy0311
03-27-2013, 07:39 AM
1. At least he doesnt have to worry about theft....no one would want that!

2. If you fall off and skin your knee, does that count as workers comp?

3. You won't have to worry about "endo's"!

4. How many gears is the bike to pull a rig that size?

5. Looks like someone got a DUI....

6. Do the bungi cords in the front really stop a mower from shifting in a trailer?

7. To make it a 2 man crew, do you just add peg's?

8. Extra chain? Check. Bike helmet? Check. Bell in working order? Check.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Laugh all you want but we had an old guy in the town I grew up in that never learned how to drive and he pulled his mower all over town behind his bike.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
1. At least he doesnt have to worry about theft....no one would want that!

2. If you fall off and skin your knee, does that count as workers comp?

3. You won't have to worry about "endo's"!

4. How many gears is the bike to pull a rig that size?

5. Looks like someone got a DUI....

6. Do the bungi cords in the front really stop a mower from shifting in a trailer?

7. To make it a 2 man crew, do you just add peg's?

8. Extra chain? Check. Bike helmet? Check. Bell in working order? Check.
pegs got me rolling

GreenBlue
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
That's a neat idea, but it would clearly make it impossible to grow very big, because it would limit where you could travel. Be ok maybe starting out, but I can see he'll eventually need other means of transportation to service more customers. I prefer a truck and trailer myself to reach more people and get there quicker. LOL. :)

Steve
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I can't tell the age of the business owner there but if he is a teenager without a license yet, that really shows determination, creativity, and drive!

He is out there creating his brand and making money! Good for him. The lessons he learns through these experiences can be scaled up as his business grows in the future.

Cashin H&P
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
is that weekendwarrior?

Holy SH!! that looks just like him!

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I can't tell the age of the business owner there but if he is a teenager without a license yet, that really shows determination, creativity, and drive!

He is out there creating his brand and making money! Good for him. The lessons he learns through these experiences can be scaled up as his business grows in the future.

If he used a push reel mower, manual hedge clippers and edgers. Then he would be on to something. That whole green thing has a market but to bike a gas mower to the job?

Holy SH!! that looks just like him!

It does, must of lost that beer belly riding that bike.

Hedgemaster
03-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Wonder how many shovel fulls of mulch that thing can haul?

Grass Doctor
03-28-2013, 09:54 PM
is that weekendwarrior?

looks like him right.

CHEESE2009
03-29-2013, 01:12 AM
what the HELL is that on the driveway? I can't see it.

Steve
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
It looks like a Honda :P LOL

http://i.usatoday.net/money/_photos/2012/03/16/Judge-OKs-200-to-Civic-hybrid-owners-for-mpg-DT15GFAC-x-large.jpg

JeffK26
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
The guy in the pic looks a bit younger than Weekend Warrior...I know it's all in fun in case the guy still reads here......or not and you think it is him....

But if you google the pic correctly it's an advertisement for a trailer company that makes trailers for bikes.....

If the guy is pricing correctly, knows his costs and does a good job....the guy is no different than any of us, he just has a different mode of transportation.

I'm more south of St Louis, but there are many communities in St Louis where riding a bike would garner him quite a few clients. He could make money, invest and get a truck and trailer and expand.

Even if he would stay with the bike and trailer, he could still make some good money depending on his location.

brian'slawncare
03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
what the HELL is that on the driveway? I can't see it.

Rake, hand held blower and string trimmer.

at least he has a creative name....not

bluebird
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
That is how I started. Bike and trailer to tow a snapper mower.
very simple. great mpg. ... market local and good to go.
I wouldnt make fun of the dude...

Steve
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Do you have any pictures of it? What got you interested in starting that way and how did it help you scale up as you went?

brian'slawncare
05-22-2013, 05:33 PM
very simple. great mpg. ... market local and good to go.
I wouldnt make fun of the dude...

Now that I think of it, I bet I looked this stupid when I first started too. I was pushing a 33" around the neighborhood with a trimmer and broom tied to the handles. :D

This kid at least doesn't have to walk everywhere he goes like I did haha