PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Call

LawnCareKnox
03-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey all,

I just had a funny phone call I thought I would share. I got a call on my business line from a place called is directory.com (424)2700357 it was a woman trying to boost my business traffic. Anyway, I started talking to her a little and she had this Indian accent and I kept hearing what sounded like a rooster in the background. I asked her about the noise and she stopped a minute and started laughing and said "oh that? It is a rooster" then she proceeded to tell me it was a co-worker's ring tone. After that I let her talk a while and the rooster (cell phone) must have freaked out.. It let off a few more yells, but then went ape sh*t the lady told me she had to go and thank you for my time. Se said she was in Florida when I asks and that she was calling in behalf of the YP. Just thought I would share lol

LawnBoy0311
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey all,

I just had a funny phone call I thought I would share. I got a call on my business line from a place called is directory.com (424)2700357 it was a woman trying to boost my business traffic. Anyway, I started talking to her a little and she had this Indian accent and I kept hearing what sounded like a rooster in the background. I asked her about the noise and she stopped a minute and started laughing and said "oh that? It is a rooster" then she proceeded to tell me it was a co-worker's ring tone. After that I let her talk a while and the rooster (cell phone) must have freaked out.. It let off a few more yells, but then went ape sh*t the lady told me she had to go and thank you for my time. Se said she was in Florida when I asks and that she was calling in behalf of the YP. Just thought I would share lol

Sounds like a bad attempt of outsourcing!

BelleCityLawn1
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Hahahah! These people honestly make me mad. I get calls about once a day from different people wanting to help me be the first on google. I had one 2 days ago that wanted to put me on the premium listing for snow removal. I told her "It's March, for $250 a month no one is searching snow removal till October." She replied, "Well another local business just dropped their listing with us last week and we need to fill it." I held the phone shaking my head. I told her I am sorry but I am not interested and thanked her for calling me. People think business owners have money growing on the tree in the backyard or something. At least she did not have a pet roaster though!

Thank you,
Tim Oezer
Belle City Lawn Care, LLC

willshome
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
wanting to help me be the first on google.

I love when they tell me that. "Really I'm ranked # 2 i think thats on the first page" they some times hang up after that

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I love when they tell me that. "Really I'm ranked # 2 i think thats on the first page" they some times hang up after that

I'm ranked on the first page for over a dozen keywords. I still get these calls. A guy tried to tell me the algorithm changed and I wont rank anymore. Over a year later still there!

One call was selling a actual google ad. Something like $200 bucks a month. Crazy! I told him I can pay google for that.

BelleCityLawn1
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Hahaha! I told one that if you search my area for lawn care I am between 1-5 in the listings on google for the different keywords, let alone adwords. She said "well number 1 would be some much better." As long as I can be found and have work I am happy!

ratchetmaster2
03-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Oh you guys, too?!

2-3 times a week, I get all these different companies trying to land me on the front page of Google. It's always the same jig. They want ~$250-500 month, they'll give me a webpage, and blah blah.

"Little to no competition because we don't serve any competing companies in your area." Yeah, ok buddy, what about the other 30 companies that called before you?

Even had one guy call me trying to tell me he was from my local fire department up the street. He couldn't even tell me the name of his chief or what number they were. "For only $400/month, we can put your business name on the side of our firetruck! There's nothing more respectable and American than supporting your local firefighters!"

First of all, pal, you're like 5 states away, or even in a different country. Second, I have several friends who are firefighters, and believe you me, they are some of the laziest people on the planet.

What's kinda funny though is, for me at least, when they want to sell me something, it's always some smooth-talking educated American guy. Whenever I have a problem with something, and I call for customer support, it's always someone in a foreign land that I can't understand.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
This reminds me of when I was harassed by the police benevolence calls. I would get 3-4 calls a week. When I told them I wasnt interested they just kept calling. Even sent a patrol officer to my house to pick up my donation that I never said I would give. I dont know if it was desperate or intimidation.

LawnBoy0311
03-27-2013, 10:58 AM
This reminds me of when I was harassed by the police benevolence calls. I would get 3-4 calls a week. When I told them I wasnt interested they just kept calling. Even sent a patrol officer to my house to pick up my donation that I never said I would give. I dont know if it was desperate or intimidation.

We have a volunteer firefighter come around asking for donations all the time. He has all the checks at the top of his clipboard and fans them when he asks to show "look, everyone else is donating!!". He knows everyone by name too. he comes every now and again, my wife and I try to avoid him, but he's super sneaky....like check behind your bushes cause he may be there sneaky. Once he came and knocked on the door, we turned all the lights off and hid till he was gone. He was yelling my name as he was knocking!!!

The last and final time I told him I didn't have any money and had to make a big purchase. I left and came back 5 minutes later with a 30 pack of miller lite. He was walking down from my neighbors driveway when he saw me. He gave me the worst look...and I offered him a beer. He declined and I've never seen him since.

Steve
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I kept hearing what sounded like a rooster in the background.

If only you could have recorded that HAHAHHAHAH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S4yqPwSqQ90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>