PDA

View Full Version : recurring payments

All Aspects Landscaping
03-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Does anyone or has anyone gone paperless with their invoicing? Were gonna make a go at it this season... no more paper invoices, no more running to the mailboxes...everything will (hopefully) be credit and debit cards for payment, and if it all works out, then we will have no accounts recievable come December. Everything will be done using Gopher and an online recurring billing service... means, we cut on tuesday, then billing is processed on wednesday... I figure the percentage they take will offset the money spent on postage, paper, ink, envelopes, etc. What are your thoughts on this?? BTW, sorry I havent posted in a while, the phone is getting hot!!!

Little's
03-05-2008, 12:54 AM
That is something to think about. I was wishing there was a way to save a Gopher Software invoice in digital format to email out to customers. Right now the only way I can do it is to Print it, scan it, then email it, and that is just no fun. I have a merchant account, and have offered the service to my customers, but no takers so far (except the occasional random customer pay). I would like to accept nothing but CC, but I dont know a good way to make the transition with my current customers without upsetting a few.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
hey man-
when you go to print an invoice and its asks if you want to print / or preview, you can save as a pdf file from there and email it... you dont have to got thru scanning it and all... im sure steve will be happy to chime in and help you out on that.... We're sending out a letter to all of our customers stating that that is going to be the only way we are to be paid. I had over $30,000.00 on the street on Jan 1st, 2008... I figure if I lose people , which I cant see why, then oh well... our commercial account will have that option, but with them we will only bill monthly from now on. I think this will increase cash flow, no worry bout checking the mailbox everyday... I just think life will be alot easier with one thing less to worry about. Plus free my wife up to help me out with the clothing company. Springs gonna be interesting. Steve... have you looked into offering this type of service or hooking up with a credit card company that could give us a discount if linked with gopher? that would give them a huge share of the market and could operate on a smaller percentage... jsut a thought... plus Im still after you hinee about coming out with Gopher for Mac... The combination of the CC processing and the Gopher for Mac would be stellar!!!!! Other than a cost issue, is there a reason you target the mac user?? They just became the third best selling computer in the world!!! lol Let me know

Little's
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Thanks for the tip. I dont know why I overlooked that. Would you mind giving us an example of the letter you will be sending out? Are you going to try and offer automatic recurring payments?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
no bones about it... were selling the whole going green thing... paperless... were not offering accepting checks at all!!! Im on my laptop now so next time im on the business computer, ill send a example of the letter...

All Aspects Landscaping
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
didnt know if you overlooked this post steve... can you jump in and help out with the process of creating a saved file from invoice screen?

UniversityLandscapers
03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I've always sent invoices as .pdf attachments to e-mails, but I still only accept payment by cheque.

What payment service are you using? I've looked into PayPal, but they only credit card billing etc. on-line.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
ill have to get back with you on the name of it, my wife is setting it up now... shall be pretty streamlined once its setup

Little's
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I got set up through B of A. I think they charge me 2% plus a .35 fee for each trans. It is also $9.95 per month fee with no minimum.

clarklandscaping
03-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 04 2008,7:43)]Does anyone or has anyone gone paperless with their invoicing? Were gonna make a go at it this season... no more paper invoices, no more running to the mailboxes...everything will (hopefully) be credit and debit cards for payment, and if it all works out, then we will have no accounts recievable come December. Everything will be done using Gopher and an online recurring billing service... means, we cut on tuesday, then billing is processed on wednesday... I figure the percentage they take will offset the money spent on postage, paper, ink, envelopes, etc. What are your thoughts on this?? BTW, sorry I havent posted in a while, the phone is getting hot!!!
Heres what I have done.....

Got online invoicing software installed on my web server. I can send the software to you if you would like, it released under the GPL so theres no harm in doing so. This is the same software that others are charging a monthly fee to use.
The software is setup to use paypal as the payment gateway, I think paypal fees are in line with most of the merchant providers.
Setup your customers in the software and your off and running.
All your customers need to do is login to pay their bills. The software will automatically send your customers emails when new invoices are posted.

Little's
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Yes, I would like to check it out. Can you email it to me? info@littlestreeworks.com

All Aspects Landscaping
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
yeah me too... allaspects@mac.com... is that windows only or is it all via internet.?

clarklandscaping
03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I for got to mention that this software resides on the server and you connect via web browser. Any way, i will send it out.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
just got it this morning.... thanks for sending it... gonna have my wife take a look at everything this weekend... if we need any assistance with setup or anything, can I email you about it?? and if so whats your email address? Also, our big thing is that we want to schedule recurring payments, kinda take it out of our customers hands as far as choosing when to pay... we want to bill them the day after the service... do you know if this program offers that? Thanks for everything... Also wondering if LB took a look at it? Let me know please.

NWALAWN
03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Could you send me a copy too. nwalawns@cox.net
Thanks