PDA

View Full Version : Word of Mouth Marketing / Referal Groups, BNI your thoughts?

warbuff
03-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Just curious if anyone here is a member of a BNI group I've been a member for almost 2 years now. I'm switching to a new chapter that's closer to where I live.

I've had mixed results but it been generally positive. The major benefit for my business has been having people to use for references & networking skills I've developed. In 2 years I've received about 28k business referrals which is pretty good. I'm hoping the new group which is closer to my core area will be better for my business.

Below is a description of what the organization is about from its website. For anyone who might want to learn more about.

About BNI

Our Philosophy
The philosophy of this organization is built upon the idea of "Givers GainŽ": By giving business to others, you will get business in return. This is predicated on the age-old idea of "What goes around, comes around."

Our Mission
The mission of BNI is to help members increase their business through a structured, positive, and professional "word-of-mouth" program that enables them to develop long-term, meaningful relationships with quality business professionals.

Belonging to BNI is like having dozens of sales people working for you...
...because all of them carry several copies of your business cards around with them. When they meet someone who could use your products or services, they take out your card and recommend you.* It's as simple as that! It's simple because it's based on a proven concept by BNI Founder, Dr. Ivan Misner, called "Givers GainŽ." If I give you business you'll give me business and we'll both benefit as a result.

Last year alone, members of BNI passed 7.1 million referrals...
...which generated over $3.3 billion dollars (U.S.) worth of business for its members! BNI is a business and professional networking organization that allows only one person per professional classification or specialty to join a chapter.

Would you like to increase your business by 20%, 30%, 50% or as much as 100%?
You can see results like this! Many have. Some participants have added as many as 50 new clients in the first 2 years!!! Successful businesses depend on word-of-mouth. Word-of-mouth advertising is the best advertising there is.

BNI provides a structured and supportive system of giving and receiving business.
It does so by providing an environment in which you develop personal relationships with dozens of other qualified business professionals. By establishing this "formal" relationship with other people, you will have the opportunity to substantially increase your business.

jymie
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
What is the cost?

warbuff
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
What is the cost?

Membership is a little over $400 a year, my new group has 24 members, meetings are once a week on Wednesdays 7am to 8:30.

wat5150
03-24-2013, 11:09 AM
I have a networking group like that near where I live. I have mixed feelings about them. Your banking on people referring business to you and you have to pay for it.

LawnBoy0311
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I have a networking group like that near where I live. I have mixed feelings about them. Your banking on people referring business to you and you have to pay for it.

Around here they call them networking groups. All are free though. Not really my cup of tea. Ive had friends do it and say nothing much came out of it.

But hey, if its working for you warbuff, nice job!

Steve
03-26-2013, 01:53 AM
In 2 years I've received about 28k business referrals which is pretty good.

That is just an enormous amount of contacts! Have you tracked how much the time and energy spent cultivating contacts through such groups compares to other marketing methods you have experimented with?