PDA

View Full Version : Update on my start up.

Mowin4Dollas
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Well, I'm cutting grass like a mad man, and making money, needless to say I love it. I have about 6 or 7 clients, but they are all very good accounts. I have been beat out on multiple properties by guys charging $5 or so less than me, but I wouldn't budge. I figured if they were going to pinch me that hard, they weren't worth the time anyway. I am basing my business off of selling quality, not quantity. I do a professional job, every time, and to me, every detail counts. I'm getting about 2 calls a week for a mowing opportunity or some type of minor landscape maintenance. I recently was quoted for an insurance policy, 1 mil and 8k for equipment for about 300 a year. I feel that I am doing pretty well for a high schooler. The Lord is blessing me, and I pray to honor him in this business. I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I am doing this on my phone.

LawnBoy0311
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Damn man, nice work! Keep it up! Brush off those customers who won't pay the exta $5. Most of the time they turn out to be deadbeat customers.

Keep it up and take as many of those side jobs as you can! Thats where a lot of money is!!

warbuff
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
That's great, stick to your guns and do what you do! Looking forward to hearing where you are mid season!

Steve
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
That is fantastic news! What are some of your big plans for the year with your business?

Mowin4Dollas
03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
My big plans are to go home with atleast a 30 percent profit while paying off 1/3 or more of my mower. I don't have any huge plans. I just want to offer the best service to my clients.

Steve
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Are you looking to add any more clients this year or are you full being that you are also a full time student?

Mowin4Dollas
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
I will take as many clients as I can fit in a week with school. Sorry for the late reply. I've been in Archaiae, Haiti all week on a mission trip.

SNethercutt
03-31-2013, 01:56 AM
I am a full time student and still so fine. Keep it up.

Steve
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I've been in Archaiae, Haiti all week on a mission trip.

WOW that must have been interesting! How is Haiti doing lately? How was the experience of going there?

Mowin4Dollas
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Haiti is doing very well, but there is a long way to go. Their government is the root of the problem. They are so corrupt. Alot of the aid that was sent to Haiti is still sitting in a warehouse, because the government didnt get enough grease in their palms. Haiti is a testament to the toughness of Bermuda grass. Bermude grows there and the soil literally is just rock. That it. I learned so much I can't een describe in words. I'm putting together a video and I will post it here.

Steve
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I look forwards to seeing it! It's amazing they are so close to the U.S. and things are so messed up.

Mowin4Dollas
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Well Hello Boys and Girls! So far I have billed around 4 grand total this year and have worked about 15 hours a week. I have 9 yards 5 weekly, 4 bi weekly. I am currently looking to expand next year to about 20 yards. I would like to buy a 14 foot trailer and more good hand held equipment. I am learning slowly but surely. I have screwed myself on many accounts, but its ok. A lot of it is done by family members telling people I'll cut their yard for 20 bucks, and since I am still a 'kid' that is at home and in school. I can't tell them that my parents are stupid and make a friend of the family mad. So in short, biggest draw back have been family members, and people thinking I am still little johnny up the road that cuts grass for twenty bucks. Only problem is, I am a senior in highschool with a girlfriend, diesel truck, 8 grand of mowing equipment and an addiction to the outdoors. Haha! Hope everyone's year is going well!

Steve
07-31-2013, 12:32 PM
It's good to hear from you! Will you be doing any marketing this year to reach that customer goal?

Mowin4Dollas
08-01-2013, 08:10 AM
I sure will! You have to in my area. Soooo many people cut grass, but run illegal operations. So they do it for 20 bucks.