PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make money off-season

Steve
03-10-2008, 09:24 AM
One of my friends on myspace just wrote me and said he does auto detailing in the winter when his lawn care business has slowed down. What do you think of that idea and what things do you do in the winter when things slow down to make money?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
start a clothing company lol

landonkade
03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 10 2008,8:01)]start a clothing company lol
We had thought about starting a clothing company, but we dont know where to start and get good material. I tell my wife all the time( start your own business), but she really dont have a nichie. We have ideas and all
How would i go about starting one up...

We watch the Donny deautch tv show every night, about people starting there own business and making millions

landonkade
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 10 2008,9:24)]One of my friends on myspace just wrote me and said he does auto detailing in the winter when his lawn care business has slowed down. What do you think of that idea and what things do you do in the winter when things slow down to make money?
i think auto detailing would be good for the winter time. I see several people doing it around here, but its not big here as lawn care is,lol

I had thought about getting into it also. The more services you offer the busyer you will get,lol

Steve
03-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Matt,

Does seeing James do this get you interested in doing it yourself? I am sure your clothing line would differ from James. Maybe he would have some pointers for you and maybe you both could even team up some how!

Have you thought more about what your clothing line would be like or represent?

landonkade
03-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 10 2008,9:05)]Matt,

Does seeing James do this get you interested in doing it yourself? I am sure your clothing line would differ from James. Maybe he would have some pointers for you and maybe you both could even team up some how!

Have you thought more about what your clothing line would be like or represent?
What actually got me interested in it was from watching CNBC. I want to start a big business that can reach nationwide and to certain age groups or all age groups.

Also what caught my eye was when i was handing out my lawn service t-shirts for workers to wear. i had also seen them wearing the shirt when they was not working with me, like on weekends and on there off time. That made us think of starting the clothing line also, seeing people wearing our shirts

i have looked for people to talk to a while back, but could never find anyone. Yeah maybe James could help me out, since he is in the business.

what i am looking for is to make a shoe line, pants line, shirt line, hat line, all the works,lol

justin_time
03-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Possibly opening up a computer shop / repair.. website....

My town really needs it.. i got the perfect location for it...

Just need to get done with school then I won't be able to attend the forum haha http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

All Aspects Landscaping
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
First things first... find yourself a name and spend the money to trademark it... i used legal zoom... easy to use! I started with some of the companies that we've dealt with for our work shirts. this winter I have probably spent about 6-8 hrs a day working on my line. In fact, Its midnight here now, spent the last 4 hours on the computer, and I have a landscape project tomorrow morning.... its getting crazy... Im still working on some overseas stuff to actually manufacture my stuff, but in the meantime, Im using some screeners and some embroidery people local to me... we are sponsoring a cage fighter and recently agreed to sponsor a female skateboarder... It all about following your dreams!! If you need more info or anything I can do to help further, email me at frictionclothing@mac.com and to see some of our designs, you can click below

CLICK HERE!!! (http://frictionclothing.bigcartel.com/)

Steve
03-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Justin, those are some great ideas and I know you could do it if you wanted too!

Matt,

What do you think ideally would be your first piece of clothing for your line? What would define your style? Or how would you define your style?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-11-2008, 07:38 AM
matt... im interested also