PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist advertising

Greg'slawnandlandscape
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
How do you advertise on craigslist. And what services do you advertise. I advertise but I don't advertise my mowing service because I like to work in certain neighborhoods and monopolize my yards but I do advertise my more expensive services that I am willing to travel far for. What's your prefreence?

SNethercutt
03-20-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't anymore now that I am established. But when I did it was good. One of my larges customers came from Craig list honestly. Never know who or what is searching around. Make two different CL ads. One for mowing but say only in these areas. Then one for everything else.

LawnBoy0311
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
CL has been good. I can cherry pick if I want to. I did a quote yesterday for an aeration, they got me off CL. She asked if I could mow, I told her no, it was out of my area.

I advertise most of my services, but I push my website as much as possible. it has more info on it and steers them in certain directions (I have a tab set up for benefits of weekly/biweekly mowing) after reading it they pick weekly.

It's also free to use...

Steve
03-20-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't advertise my mowing service because I like to work in certain neighborhoods

Could you still market lawn care and then if the job is outside the immediate area, potentially price the job higher? Or you can always tell the caller they are outside your service area. This way you get to get more options to choose from.

Who knows, you may price a job higher than you normally would and realize you could be doing that more often!

BelleCityLawn1
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Craigslist works wonders for advertising. The only problem is the people seem to be slower and cheap but I have still landed many accounts on it. I agree with Steve, I only advertise in my county and the county to the south but every once in awhile I will get a call for counties outside where I normally service. I just mention I normally do not go that far but I can give them an estimate and also mention they may be able to find a more local company who would not have as much expenses to travel to the property. I have still had a few say they would like to use me. This way you can slowly expand your service area.

Thank you,
Tim Oezer
Belle City Lawn Care, LLC

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
advertise with these guys? I stopped relying on CL a long time ago. Everyone that ends up owing me money or getting like 20 estimates is from there. I found the best results are from my website.

Friendly Lawn Service-starting spring clean ups (CT.-lawns start at $15)
Friendly and reliable lawn services. Free estimates. Professional and very economical. We guarantee our work, we're done when YOU say we're done.
We will be starting spring clean ups soon, garden and/or yard, last year's leaves, brush, etc. etc.......
We fertilize, aerate, edge.
We trim hedges, bushes, and trees, as well as remove trees.
We rototill gardens or install raised gardens
We seed and sod.
We mulch
We even do dump runs, as well as many other odd jobs, just ask and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Last and not least we are a pet friendly company and the owner oversees all work.

I can be reached at 860-639-8439 text and phone or by responding to this post.
Thank you Michael
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/fgs/3693104410.html

Steve
03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
advertise with these guys? I stopped relying on CL a long time ago.

Do you think it was a good starting point for you initially? What sort of marketing method do you suggest lawn care business owners move on to after they outgrow craigslist?

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Do you think it was a good starting point for you initially? What sort of marketing method do you suggest lawn care business owners move on to after they outgrow craigslist?

I still post there every few weeks but some are putting new ads every day.

I find search engine advertising the most cost effective advertising. You should start here before you even open your doors.

Brand recognition is probably the best. I would like to get all my trucks wrapped with decals since its cheaper then painting and takes care of the logos at the same time. Thats how I recognize the bigger companies I see their fleet of trucks everywhere.

cutnuplawnservice
04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm having great sucess with my CL ads. Last week I had a company from UT call me and offer me exclusivity in my market. They advertise mowing services, book the client, contact me, I mow and collect payment. Pretty cool! As I'm writing this, a hard freeze warning was just issued for my area! If spring would go ahead and SPRING I'd be busy everyday every week! :D

SNethercutt
04-10-2013, 09:35 PM
i dont not reccomend craigs list my biggest client, $1001.00 per month found me on CL. And they pay me that 12 months of the year, I mow 4 properties for them and they want it done every 36 weeks during growing on 4 of the properties and 18 mowing a year on the other. Good money in my book. For free listing, i will take that.

Also, craiglist is a good way for backlinking you website. Backlinks help build you SEO. Google sees your URL everywhere and conciders your site to be relevent so it helps.

And google crawls CL very often because of how much it changes.