PDA

View Full Version : Credit/Debit card logo

FaccLndscpng
03-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I have accepted credit/Debit cards for probably about 4 years now and I was just wondering if anyone else puts the logos on your invoices? Is this legal? I could just put the names of cards we accept on the invoice but just figured the logos would look better.

jymie
03-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Sure you can.

dpld
03-17-2013, 08:06 PM
if you have a credit card machine and pay for the service like you see in any store USA, you are a approved credit card vendor terminal and the answer is yes.

if you use square or anything like that i believe the answer would be no.

the reason being is anyone can get a square and there is less stringent of a credit and background check as well as you really are not a 100% legitimate registered credit card vendor terminal because you are going through square and they are the actual terminal.

if you don't process too many credit cards for payment square would be the way to go because it is easy and cheap but not quite as secure.

if you process a lot, then being a real terminal would be best even though it cost more.

technically no one is gonna bust your chops about it and you really don't have to lose much sleep over it and if you feel you will benefit from having the logo on your forms and such then have at it.

Steve
03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Are you finding that your customers don't know you accept credit cards? How else do you let them know you do?

FaccLndscpng
03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
I use it through my Quickbooks it costs like $20 something a month. I got it because I had a customer that was unable to pay her bill for snow removal. I was going to cancel the service when she was done making her monthly installments but never did. It really only comes in handy when people cant pay their bills. I should of cancelled it a long time ago but after hearing about "square" I should just switch to that becasue I dont use the service enough. I dont have a nursery or anything like that and I am now predominately commercial only and they all pay with checks.

So I might just make the switch and forget all about the logos. Kinda thinking out loud.
Thanks guys.

dpld
03-18-2013, 03:36 PM
I use it through my Quickbooks it costs like $20 something a month. I got it because I had a customer that was unable to pay her bill for snow removal. I was going to cancel the service when she was done making her monthly installments but never did. It really only comes in handy when people cant pay their bills. I should of cancelled it a long time ago but after hearing about "square" I should just switch to that becasue I dont use the service enough. I dont have a nursery or anything like that and I am now predominately commercial only and they all pay with checks.

So I might just make the switch and forget all about the logos. Kinda thinking out loud.
Thanks guys.

i chose to except credit cards many years ago in order to offer every available option for my customers to pay me and eliminate excuses as to why they have not.

i have been paying for the service all this time even though for the last several years all i been servicing is commercial accounts and they pay by check every time.
but good thing i did because this year i am getting back into pushing for high end residential properties and it saves me the trouble of having to start that process all over again.

in this day and age i think every business should make every option available for their customers to pay them for services rendered as well as it is easier now then it ever has been to do so.
even though i already have it set up i looked into the square and that is a perfect solution for the new guys that may only have to deal with a credit card once in a while because you only pay when it is used and never in between.