PDA

View Full Version : New Member is Kansas

GreenBlue
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to officially introduce myself. My name is James and I live in Kansas, I'm 28 years old and in the process of starting up my own lawn service, just sticking my head out to say hello, some of you of spoke with me on a few of my posts, but for those who haven't just wanted to say hi and looking forward to reading everything on this website to learn, that's my big thing is learning, because most lawn care companies around here don't seem to be educated on certain things and I'm trying to stand out from those companies. :)

Steve
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi James welcome to our forum!

In what kinds of ways would you like to differentiate yourself from your local competitors?

What do you see they are lacking and how can you jump on the having a lack of education to attract more customers for yourself?

GreenBlue
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi James welcome to our forum!

In what kinds of ways would you like to differentiate yourself from your local competitors?

What do you see they are lacking and how can you jump on the having a lack of education to attract more customers for yourself?

Well for starters I'm going to treat all of my customers with respect and not take advantage of them, there are some lawn care companies around here that my family has had issues with on either them not taking the customer seriously, doing services before letting the customer know, and billing the customer when they didn't even show up and do anything. I want my customers to know that I will treat them as people not money in my pocket, and I won't do any services without first making sure the customer wants it performed, and there's no way I'd bill a customer when I didn't visit their property. I want to build an honest business, and with my customers I will be honest in how I perform services for them and explain to them exactly what I'll be doing for them before I begin working for them.

You've also got the lowballer lawn services who take advantage of people, and I plan on telling my customers from the start that I will treat their property as if it were my own and care for it as such. Some guys I've seen mow really bad and I watch and once they get their check they leave, and I notice there's still grass unmown in certain areas, or places where they trimmed to low and you see bare spots from them tearing up the grass from the trimmer. Once people see my work I'm quite certain it won't take long for my business to grow.

Steve
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Those are a lot of good ideas. They would make for great points on how your company differentiates itself from competitors.