PDA

View Full Version : New Member from North Florida

Mikeskamark
03-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone! I am a new start up bussiness in Gulf Breeze Florida. I sold some land I have in Texas. I am a retired Marine and need more income. I have a start up budget of 30k. I know I am blessed to have so much to start with . I'm sure a lot of y'all started with very little and you should be proud of what you have accomplished. I have spent the better part of a year researching what equipment I want to buy. I have applied for my LLC and have my EIN#. Any advice on how to get customers would be GREATLY appreciated. I am taking care of a churches grounds and they let me put up a sighn in the yard. But I am thinking of door hangers and flyers as well.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
what do you already have? I would get it as I need it too.

Sprinkler Buddy
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Semper Fi Mike, just be patient and word of mouth will get you all the work you can handle soon enough. Growing season is just about here.

Mikeskamark
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
what do you already have? I would get it as I need it too.

I have a Hustler super z. Shindaiwa and echo trimmers and edgers. Echo blower,echo shredder vac,stihl chainsaws and pole trimmer. Honda generator,commercial power washer,any hand tools you could dream of. Enclosed 7 bye 14 trailor with lettering on the sides. 2009 f-250 power stroke with company name on both sides and back window.

Steve
03-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Welcome to our forum Mike!

Have you talked to your neighbors and family / friends in your area to see if they could use your services? Do all your neighbors know you are in business?

Get business cards and hand as many out as you can.

Mikeskamark
03-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome to our forum Mike!

Have you talked to your neighbors and family / friends in your area to see if they could use your services? Do all your neighbors know you are in business?

Get business cards and hand as many out as you can.

Steve how do I build a color add on Craigslist?

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a Hustler super z. Shindaiwa and echo trimmers and edgers. Echo blower,echo shredder vac,stihl chainsaws and pole trimmer. Honda generator,commercial power washer,any hand tools you could dream of. Enclosed 7 bye 14 trailor with lettering on the sides. 2009 f-250 power stroke with company name on both sides and back window.

so what do you still need? You sound set already.

SNethercutt
03-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey Mike.

Thank you for your service to our country.

On another note, as far as getting new customers, use your existing customers. A lot of company give people, employees and customers a finders fee. I tell my customers if they refer someone to me, I will give them $10 a month off their bill for the first three months the customer is with me. After a customer has referred 5 others, I give them a free mowing. The reason I do it paid out over time is if you offer a referral payment, then they can refer you to someone who gets their yard mowed 1 time and your have to pay your finder, probably everything you just got out of that one mowing

GreenBlue
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone! I am a new start up bussiness in Gulf Breeze Florida. I sold some land I have in Texas. I am a retired Marine and need more income. I have a start up budget of 30k. I know I am blessed to have so much to start with . I'm sure a lot of y'all started with very little and you should be proud of what you have accomplished. I have spent the better part of a year researching what equipment I want to buy. I have applied for my LLC and have my EIN#. Any advice on how to get customers would be GREATLY appreciated. I am taking care of a churches grounds and they let me put up a sighn in the yard. But I am thinking of door hangers and flyers as well.

Hey Mike, wishing you luck on everything and looking forward to more posts from you. LLC is a good option to have in terms of liability concerns go. Much luck my friend.

Hey Mike.

Thank you for your service to our country.

On another note, as far as getting new customers, use your existing customers. A lot of company give people, employees and customers a finders fee. I tell my customers if they refer someone to me, I will give them $10 a month off their bill for the first three months the customer is with me. After a customer has referred 5 others, I give them a free mowing. The reason I do it paid out over time is if you offer a referral payment, then they can refer you to someone who gets their yard mowed 1 time and your have to pay your finder, probably everything you just got out of that one mowing

SNethercutt, that sounds like an awesome thing to do and I'll have to remember to do that when I get my lawn business up and running.

Steve
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Steve how do I build a color add on Craigslist?

You can insert html code to do that.

There are a lot pages that explain this.

Here are two that are kind of long winded but explain a little more about the process. I's say experiment a little with it and show us what you do and we can help you further.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/01D6o3oHM58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ftDGF46v8b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>