PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

brenharp
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
I have been asked to fax information about us to a company that is accepting bids on some of their properties. What should I send them for information when I'm not sending an estimate since I'm not sure what properties they need bids on?
Also any ideas on where to go to get a professional logo?

dpld
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
I have been asked to fax information about us to a company that is accepting bids on some of their properties. What should I send them for information when I'm not sending an estimate since I'm not sure what properties they need bids on?
Also any ideas on where to go to get a professional logo?

they probably want you to send them a company profile telling them about how much experience you have, how long in business, how many employees, what insurance coverage's you have.
they also like to know how much your business grossed the previous year as well as any information about any licenses you have that are required for the type of work they want you to do like lawn applications, irrigation, etc, etc.

this is a commonly used practice today by management co's to pre-screen
prospective bidders before they give them too much information and expose their clients to you.

they can get a good general idea based on that info if you are even capable of doing that type of work.
they also want to know if you have the financial resources to cover costs until you get paid.
some companies pay monthly and some pay every 45 days and you need to be able to cover payroll, materials, insurance and any other cost associated with doing business.

if you are a young business with limited resources and knowledge it really works out to being a catch 22 for you.
in one breath if you don't have the resources and knowledge and they find that out you come off as a company they would not want to hire and as a result, they will never call you again.
in the other breath if you decide you want to take a pass on the offer and spare yourself the trouble of coming off as a undesirable company they will not hire, you will also never be called again.

Steve
03-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Could you also ask them what kind of information they want faxed?

If you are looking to make a logo, there are a lot of free lawn care logo templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8156) here.