PDA

View Full Version : paperwork

bestlawnsllc
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
just starting out fresh and legal this year... cut grass on the side the last few years at the end of last season got a bank account a llc and insurance. Now trying to figure out what kind of paperwork i have to keep for the goverment and i guess an accountant to do the tax issues?

ratchetmaster2
03-14-2013, 01:14 AM
I'm also very interested in the answers to these questions. I'm trying to get legal too.

Bestlawns, all in all, how much did getting legal cost you? Insurance prices? Fee to get a business license?

grass guru
03-14-2013, 02:33 AM
A good accountant is worth their weight in gold. Trust me. Dont do them hourself, or go to walmart for this one.
General liability insurance, commercial auto insurance, state licensing fees,D.O.T. numbers if required in your state, cdl if required in your state, applicators license and certificate if required in your state, disability insurance, workers comp insurance, unemployment insurance, general liability insurance on employees, commercial auto on employees, disability on employees, tax docs for employees.

Thats all I can think of, but it feels like Im forgetting something...

As far as what these cost from one LCO to another, dont compare. Your driving record is different than mine, is different than all employees. state insurance regulations are different, as are other transportation and licensing fees. Age, amount of sales, hours worked also dictates prices in some states. So to get an idea of what it will cost you, you must contact that agency in your state.

Steve
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Keep record of all your expenses and that will help smooth out the process of filing your taxes.

What other kind of paperwork are you thinking about now?

bestlawnsllc
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
im just trying to get filing together... i pay everything through the business account now and keep reciepts together, keeping my fuel invoices that have my miliage attached. Do i need to keep paper copies of all my invoices to custumers, i have an electronic webbased program that has them?

Steve
03-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Do i need to keep paper copies of all my invoices to custumers, i have an electronic webbased program that has them?

It's always nice having a hard copy of anything when the server goes down.