PDA

View Full Version : Flyer distribution help

Tony317
03-12-2013, 07:21 PM
so basically i live in a very suburban area and there is everything from high upper class houses and all the way to low middle/working class

the biggest question is where should i focus more on? i was thinking the more wealthy neighborhoods but then maybe they already have contracts, but they wouldn't want to cut there own lawn, or the working class neighborhoods, either old people, or people with no time would need it, but then again alot do it themselves, (i know i am like stereotyping, sorry if i offend anyone) but I'm just not sure what has and hasn't worked the best for you guys. I am just looking for the best way to effectively distribute my flyers

any help would be a big help, planning on passing out part of my 600 flyers tomorrow, but not all of them, so any help would be appreciated, now or next week haha

Thank You for your time

jymie
03-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Check out this thread

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13299

Do you have any customers yet? If you do, concentrate on the neighborhoods you are already in.

Steve
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
It seems normally higher valued homes pay better for quality work.

But to get to the point where you can provide the quality work they are looking for, lawn care business owners tend to start with the smaller more average homes and then scale up from there as they learn more.

Smaller properties are easier to bid than larger ones. If you underestimate a smaller property, you are in and out relatively quickly so the damage that is done to your business is minimal. But if you underbid a large job that takes a large percentage of the day, you can lose a lot more.

With that in mind, what are you planning on doing now?

tk4454
03-17-2013, 07:29 PM
that is great advice, i know i underbid a few jobs last year and it sucks..

SNethercutt
03-17-2013, 11:47 PM
To sorry you lost on some jobs last year. Hate to hear people losing money.

Have you ever thought about writing down the start and finish time on a job. Say your pulling weeds and mulching. Measure off a certain sq ft of flowerbed. Say 25 sq ft. Write down start and finish time to do that 25 sq ft. Write down if it heavy or litely weeded.

Same thing with mulch. Take a yard of mulch and figure out how long it takes you to put it out.

Come up with a number on how much you want for each hour of your time.

Remember though things like having to push mulch 100 yds from trailer to bed takes extra time so bid accordingly. Just look at all factors of every job and think things through completely.