PDA

View Full Version : NEW Exmark Lazer Z

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Here it is guys...I finally figured out how to download some pics thanks to Steve...

2013 Lazer Z E series
27hp Kohler command pro
60 " deck

Time to make some $$...........................................

Steve
03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Very nice! What were you using previous to this mower and what made you decide to scale up?

03-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks Steve.....

I have been using basically the same machine for the last three years but it was a 2003 model that I bought used when I started out....it also had the 27hp Kohler and a 60" deck...

The repair bills really started to add up last year so I decided it was time to trade it....it had 1800 hrs on it...

djlandscaping06
03-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah real nice! Couple years ago I had a contract for a city cemetary and they had one of these they let me use. It was used but that thing ran like a scalded dog! It was water cooled. Is this one? You should get several years good use out of it! Enjoy!!:)

03-12-2013, 09:41 AM
No it's air cooled...

I'm looking to trade up every 2 years from now on...That's the plan anyways..:)

I'm a true believer in the Exmark mowers, I guess everyone has there own opinion but they have been very good for me......I wouldn't own anything else at this point...

Steve
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
The repair bills really started to add up last year so I decided it was time to trade it

At what point do you find it is worth it to trade up? How close to the monthly payments do the repair bills have to be? Also do you include the downtime and loss of revenue during that downtime when you calculate this?

03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
The biggest factor for me on this was that I couldn't afford to have much down time with my biggest mower, when it was down for repairs I was unable to do several jobs because I just didn't have the equipment...I know that nothing is a guarantee as far as equipment is concerned because even the new ones break :eek:

All things considered in this deal such as no interest,no pmts until June and a great trade in allowance I think that I made a great decision for my business..Last year the repairs on my older Exmark was more than I will be paying out this year in monthly payments...:)

Steve
03-13-2013, 11:45 AM
WOW that sounds like a lot of down time! Do you have a ball park figure how much each month the mower was down and couldnt be used? That could help others who are on the edge of buying a newer mower or not.

03-14-2013, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure exactly how many hours it was down,etc...The biggest repair was when I lost a hydro pump on one side :eek: It was out of service for 4 days until I got the pump and it was replaced...That repair alone was $1000.00.................

Like I said before everybody in the business is going to have repairs to do, If a piece of equipment is starting to nickel & dime you to death, and you can afford too, replace it...It's just good business..........

Hedgemaster
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Congrats of the upgrade!

Crossing my fingers and hoping to get a ZTR in another year or two.

03-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks Hedge.....Best of luck to ya this year......:)