PDA

View Full Version : Hello new member here

Michiganmike
03-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Just wanted to take the time to say WOW what a great site I love reading all the info on here. I have learned so much and got some great tips. I am just starting out this year and so far have read 2 of Steve's books, great stuff.

Steve
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum!

Thanks so much!

What kinds of things are you doing now to attract new customers?

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
03-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the gang......

What part of Mich. are you from ?

aduttonater
03-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey Mike what's going on? Welcome to the forum.

Do you just do lawns or do you offer other services?

Michiganmike
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the delay in the reply with spring coming fast I have been really busy.
I have been handing out cards to every one I meet and spent days getting flyers and door hangers out there......Seems to be working got a Few phone calls

My main focus is Lawn Care at this time been in the industry for 10 yrs now and its time to go on my own! Along with those services I plan to offer most things that go along with caring for a yard. Any thing to keep the curb appeal up.

As far as were I am in Michigan...Pretty close to the Pinky Nice place my biggest concern is all the one man mowing guys around here I see a new one every day all season long...I am sure they will say the same about Me lol

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Steve
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Mike,

What are you doing to stand out from the other one man shows?

Michiganmike
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Well the first step is getting my truck and trailer done up with some nice logo's and lettering most around here dont.......I cant speak for every one around here but talking to some of these guys I find they dont have much experience in the field and i like to think that will work to my advantage :)

This is a life style not a job I love what I do

djlandscaping06
03-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello Mike, Welcome to the forum, great to have you aboard! I am pretty new to the forum also, but can't agree anymore, it is awesome! Going thru the buisness school lessons and learning tons from it!

Wish you the best in your new business! Be pesistant and consistant and you will go a long way!

Donnie/DJ Landscaping:)