PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here!

jthomas12
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone!

Mt name is Josh, 17, and live in Southern Indiana. This is my first year in the business and have been trying word of mouth mostly with business cards. I have many other materials as well for when the warmer weather arrives. Any helpful info regarding door to door and advertising or methods of lawn care etc will be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

djlandscaping06
03-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! You might try a small ad in your local paper also if you have the finances for it. Do a great job with what clients you have and ask them for referrals. Good luck to you!

Donnie/DJ Landscaping:)

jthomas12
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks! Yeah i wasnt sure if newspaper ads were obsolete or not! Thanks for the info i may have to try it out :D

jymie
03-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Check out this thread

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13299

Steve
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Welcome to our forum.

Here is a link to topics on my blog where I talk about improving sales.

http://lawnchat.com/category/lawncaremarketing/door-to-door

Also don't forget to market to your current customer's neighbors or to ask your customers for referrals.

Von Bobbeh
03-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't wait for warmer weather. People keep garbage around for months, it's psychotic I know but I get calls months later from a house I post.

The sooner they see your name the less likely they are to see your competition's and a LOT of people just go ahead with the first person they see and call.

Also if you advertise now and get one or two calls from a neighborhood you can re-canvas that neighborhood later, possibly getting further customers and establish it as a territory!

mld
03-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone!

Mt name is Josh, 17, and live in Southern Indiana. This is my first year in the business and have been trying word of mouth mostly with business cards. I have many other materials as well for when the warmer weather arrives. Any helpful info regarding door to door and advertising or methods of lawn care etc will be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Josh, welcome to the business and good luck first of all!. I have found little luck with door hangers. When I started mowing lawns when I was 14 I found going to door to door was the best. If you can learn to sell yourself you will have more work then you know what to do with. Be honest with your clients, tell them why you will be better then a big company, example... I do not have many clients and you will be taken really good care off and I can give you the attention needed that a large company cannot give you" Or I live in the neighborhood and I have great pride in making this area look beautiful, unlike the company that has no community ties. Good luck.

jthomas12
03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
First off thanks so much for the helpful insight guys! My internet is down so im on my phone so i cant find your names to personally thank you for the individual advice, but ive taken it all to heart. Tomorrow marks my first day going do or to door and see what success i can get! to mld i am actually going to try out your lines you told me to throw. they sound convincing and will give me a great starring place. and to steve im soo surprised you commented on my post thanks so much! And btw your videos were a big part in me conaidering starting this business. i had ran across a video and here i am with my equipment ready to go! Thanks guys!

Steve
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Keep us posted on how your door to door experimentation goes. We look forwards to hearing your updates.