PDA

View Full Version : Usps Eddm Routes

Greener Grounds NC
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
I have been looking into the eddm from the post office for the no soliciting neighborhood which are the most wanted to get into neighborhood of course and cant do door hangers. What are your guys thoughts on doing the eddm and what is your response rate. I am getting 1% with door hangers and locking in about 75% of those 1% calls i do estimates on! Also do you guys just hit them one or twice?> and how much time in between sending the first and second set if you do 2 hits? thanks

LawnBoy0311
03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
I have been looking into the eddm from the post office for the no soliciting neighborhood which are the most wanted to get into neighborhood of course and cant do door hangers. What are your guys thoughts on doing the eddm and what is your response rate. I am getting 1% with door hangers and locking in about 75% of those 1% calls i do estimates on! Also do you guys just hit them one or twice?> and how much time in between sending the first and second set if you do 2 hits? thanks

I'm curious too. I had a thread a while back about EEDM. It seems like now they have made it "idiot proof" and actually explain how to do it. Before, no one at USPS knew how it worked or how to do it. The post office by me looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it!

From what I heard and read from others, response rates were a crap shoot just like door hangers. Some got good rates, others got nothing. But everyone did say they sent out 3 or more sets to target locations waiting a few months inbetween.

Steve
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
How many of these homes are you looking to mail to? Does the Usps Eddm Routes method have a minimum amount you need to send per mailing?

I would suggest that you hit the same home multiple times. Potentially with different offers.

Greener Grounds NC
03-05-2013, 06:08 PM
i think it is better myself to hit 2500 houses 3 times than hit 7500 houses one time! on eddm you have to choose every house on the route to mail to is the only catch, if that route has 650 stops then you have to mail to all of those stops even if they are vacant,forsale or crappy houses and apartments...

Steve
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Very interesting. Have you also looked into 3rd class bulk mail? You might be able to focus more on target areas, but the downside could be a higher price for postage.