PDA

View Full Version : My life as a lawn care operator

Greener Grounds NC
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Whats up guys! its good to be on the site! First off i want to tell you a little bit about my business and where Im at today.

I started off in 2006 in the state of wv, i steadily grew into a well known landscape company named as Greenscapes. With 115 residential weekly accounts and 16 commercial apartments and Dr offices i was able to keep me and my 2 workers steadily busy working 12 months year round with snow plowing during the winter. recently(1 month ago) I sold my business in wv and relocating to NC where I am just starting up and trying to adjust my rates dealing with this different crowd of potential customers. If anyone is close to raleigh or Garner nc look me up!

Steve
03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What a great story! What did you think of the process of selling your business? Any advice for others looking to do that? Are you happy you did it now that you are moved?

Greener Grounds NC
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I sold it for 25% monthly full service maintenance accounts. I am glad that i did it because i have some money flow here while i am trying to gain some customers. The market where i am at now has triple the population and 4x the lawn care operators where i was recently. Anyone have any advice on getting into these no soliciting neighborhood?

djlandscaping06
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Welcome aboard, I am new also just my second week, but loving it so far!

I started in 2006 also but not quite that big yet. Have about 20 residentials and 16 commercial but it is enough to keep my wife and I busy cause I also work a regular full time job. Good luck on your new business!

Donnie Whitmore/DJ Landscaping

Steve
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Anyone have any advice on getting into these no soliciting neighborhood?

Have you tried direct mail? Then once you get in, use lawn signs and send letters to the neighbors. Also ask your customers for referrals.

Do you have signs on your truck/trailer so when neighbors see you servicing a lawn, they can call you as well?

I sold it for 25% monthly full service maintenance accounts.

What does that mean? If a monthly account was making you $100 for 4 ($25) cuts, how does the 25% apply?