PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Hlngresh
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Been searching for Insurance just don't know what kind we really need.
Just starting no employees only husband and myself. Do we really need business insurance at this time? I would really like an Insurance that will cover our equipment if it is stolen from the jobsite or our home. Like at night and we are sleeping. Any recommendations will be helpful.

stevef1201
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
YES you need liability insurance, that covers you for any damage that occurs while working, like a rock through a window. You should also have theft insurance, so if your stuff is stolen in the middle of the night (this happens more than people would like to admit) you wont be 'out'.
I got mine by calling independent agents until I found one who said that they could get it.
I got 1M in liability and 25K in theft for about 50 bucks a month, it will be differnet in your area however

Hlngresh
02-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks will shop around. I also found a lot of the answers to my questions by signing up for The Lawn Business School. Going to make my husband take this as well. :)

Steve
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Here is an article on my blog that may help shed more light on the topic.

16 most common Lawn Care Business Insurance questions answered. (http://lawnchat.com/lawn-care-business/16-most-common-lawn-care-business-insurance-questions-answered.html)

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I bundled mine with my home insurance...Check with your agent and tell them what you need.....You MUST have general liability in case something happens while on some one else's property...

Greg'slawnandlandscape
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
I went through Sia the work with several insurance company's it allowed me to get a Better price

Billy Goat
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
General liability 1M coverage policy should be between $50-$60 a month from a well known insurance company. The coverage should include X amount for theft or damage to your equipment. A 1M policy is the average but they do have 500K and 2M policies. From what I was quoted that a 500K policy was only $5 cheaper than a 1M policy.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Your all forgetting commercial auto. If you get into a accident with personal insurance youll be footing the bill.

Billy Goat
02-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Your all forgetting commercial auto. If you get into a accident with personal insurance youll be footing the bill.

Running a legit business involves alot of legal stuff. Having the proper auto insurance is another thing on the list. This type of business will also require some kind of commercial auto insurance coverage. Your insurance agent will ask you a ton of questions to determine your rate. Just like personal auto insurance you can shop around for better rates. Remember we live a "Sue Happy Society" and its better to have more coverage than not enough.

willshome
02-27-2013, 08:10 AM
"Sue Happy Society"
just wait til your driving around and someone walks out in front of you. Does not happen often when I am driving a car but all the time when I'm driving my truck. So drive careful, have to much insurance, and get a cheap dashboard cam.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
just wait til your driving around and someone walks out in front of you. Does not happen often when I am driving a car but all the time when I'm driving my truck. So drive careful, have to much insurance, and get a cheap dashboard cam.

It seems when your fully loaded with sand, plow on, and roads are icey theres always some twit that guns it in front of you. Same thing happens when your pulling a full trailer.