PDA

View Full Version : My flier, five years ago, to today.

Von Bobbeh
02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
It's amusing to see what I did with MS paint at 15 years old and no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to start somewhere. And too see where I have gotten.

Anyone else have embarrassing old marketing material?

Grass Doctor
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
It's amusing to see what I did with MS paint at 15 years old and no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to start somewhere. And too see where I have gotten.

Anyone else have embarrassing old marketing material?

:D:D:D very professional just a little to big hehe was that a full page.
its kool if u ask me nothing to be embarrassing off.

correct me if i am wrong, i say u got a lot of business out of that flyer.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Von Bobbeh
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
They are both full page fliers. I could cut the cost in half by designing a half page, but then I feel that my time spent dispensing them would be half as effective.

The one I did at 15 got me about 5 customers out of 150ish fliers.

Steve
02-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I think you did a great job on them! You have a lot of elements in there that most business owners tend to forget about including.

Looking back at it, what did you like or dislike about it and how has your marketing since changed?

Von Bobbeh
02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Steve: Not being demanding enough. I am not always the most "aggressive" so getting past my natural tendency to just provide genuine information and let a person decide, I changed my writing style to be more "READ ME I AM THE BEST" was probably my biggest hurdle, that and learning how to use a publisher program! haha.

Because lets be honest, you don't make it in this biz busting your a$$ for $17.50 an hour, so you can't advertise in a way where that's what people will expect.

Also aiming to provide 100% top quality service targeting extremely wealthy neighborhoods, instead of my prior practice of trying to offer good service to the "average joe" at discount prices.

This ties in with not wanting to bust your a$$ for low pay, people where are very wealthy DO NOT CARE what you earn an hour. they just want to be able to trust you on their property and to know you'll always do a good job. Always.

Steve
02-27-2013, 11:08 AM
I am not always the most "aggressive" so getting past my natural tendency to just provide genuine information and let a person decide, I changed my writing style to be more "READ ME I AM THE BEST" was probably my biggest hurdle

This is a very interesting point. How did you come to this conclusion that you needed to go in this direction? I bet a lot of lawn care business owners never try that. Also what kind of difference have you noticed from that change?

What would be an example of an old headline you might have used in your advertising and how would you rearrange it to use it now?