PDA

View Full Version : Sales Tax

joe2025
02-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello fellow LCO's

Hello fellow LCO’s.

I was wondering if any of you collect sales tax from your lawn care clients and if you do, do you show it or invoice it as a separate line item on your invoices to clients. Here in Pa. there are a lot of lawn care services that fall under the “service maintenance” part of the tax code and believe it or not lawn mowing is a sales taxable service. So I am looking for a little feedback on how you handle this with your customers.
Thank you In advance for your input.

jymie
02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
For most people sales tax is acceptable to see on invoicing. You should always show it. It also proves you are a legit business that is registered.

Steve
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I'd figure you would want the customer to know which line items were taxable and what the total sales tax amount is.

For those interested, here is a page from P.A. on sales tax and lawn care services.

http://www.plna.com/content.asp?pl=148&sl=38&contentid=149

yourscape
02-25-2013, 07:45 PM
For most people sales tax is acceptable to see on invoicing. You should always show it. It also proves you are a legit business that is registered.

I agree about showing you are legit. I always show it on my invoices on a separate line. Most customers understand since it is a taxable service in Ohio.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I use the Gopher software program, it shows the sales tax for you...I am also in PA...........