PDA

View Full Version : Infographics

usmc3391
02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
I saw something like this on the news this morning and thought it would be a good idea. I run traditional ads on craigslist and facebook but they are boring so these infographics seem much more interesting.

They showed a james bond theme one on tv and found this one on a quick internet search. I was thinking of making something like this image using my own statistics i research and gearing it towards reasons to hire a lawn care company.

This is interesting because instead of someone just looking at the traditional ad for a few seconds then going on to the next one maybe on facebook they will share it with friends or tell other people about it. Even if it doesn't directly get many more calls then a traditional ad it should be a good form of brand recognition in your local area.

http://visually.visually.netdna-cdn.com/RiskiestThingsLandscapersandLawnCareProfessionalsD oEveryDayInfographic_4f832ba5e44f0_w587.jpg

Mayor of Mow Town
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Interesting idea. It's certainly being used in other industries.

I think the key would be to make it genuinely useful for your target customers e.g. year-round planting guide or lawn care guide/calendar; lawn care tips such as frequent light watering v infrequent deep watering, etc

I have played with http://piktochart.com and it is pretty easy to use.

If you try it out, let us know how you go.

Grass Doctor
02-25-2013, 01:08 AM
pretty kool :D:D:D

Steve
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
I saw something like this on the news this morning and thought it would be a good idea. I run traditional ads on craigslist and facebook but they are boring so these infographics seem much more interesting.

I'd like to hear more from you about this if you get a chance to experiment with the new ad designs. It would be fascinating to hear if the more graphical ads brought you more calls.

usmc3391
02-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Im working on one now so ill let everyone know how it goes. I put a regular ad on my business facebook page and had about 400 or so views in a day. This was with 3 of my friends sharing it on their page so ill see if that number increases much with the use of an infographic.