PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try Echo's Red Armor?

smallstripeslawncare
02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
At the end of last season I started using Echo's Red Armor oil with good results so far.

I know this thread is opening a can of worms but I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Red Armor and what your thoughts on it are.

It seems everyone prefers the Amsoil Sabre Professional but I just don't like the idea of running 100:1 or even 80:1 and plus its hard to find. None of the local dealers have it in stock and say I have to order it online at the Amsoil website. Seems like a headache during lawn season if I run out.

wandfsmall
02-23-2013, 10:46 AM
None of the local dealers have it in stock and say I have to order it online at the Amsoil website.

That alone should tell you what dealers think of the product. I personally do not sell Red Armor as I am not an echo dealer but I would tell you it is light years ahead of the amsoil product. I personally use amsoil in my car and sell it for use in transmissions but I will not sell the saber product.

smallstripeslawncare
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I've heard some of their products are great but its just weird that no one seems to carry the Amsoil Sabre professional. I've heard some really good reviews for it and I've heard some horrible ones.

So far the Red Armor has been pretty good. I wish it had a little caster smell to it but if its a good oil I'm okay with it the way it is. I originally ran GetG's bio synthetic two stroke oil and it left a lot of buildup inside my redmax blower and with around 50hours with the Red Armor it has cleaned a lot of it out already.

wandfsmall
02-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I've heard some of their products are great but its just weird that no one seems to carry the Amsoil Sabre professional. I've heard some really good reviews for it and I've heard some horrible ones.

So far the Red Armor has been pretty good. I wish it had a little caster smell to it but if its a good oil I'm okay with it the way it is. I originally ran GetG's bio synthetic two stroke oil and it left a lot of buildup inside my redmax blower and with around 50hours with the Red Armor it has cleaned a lot of it out already.

A good dealer will not carry anything that essentially voids the warranty. Yes you can use any oil that meets or exceeds the requirements set by the manufacture however Amsoil does not meet the requirements. They are not rated by JASO like all of the current commercial equipment manufactures currently do. This fact along with the mix ratio set at 100:1 WILL void the warranty. That is why for the most part you only see it in shops that are not warranty authorized.

I also feel that at that mix ratio you are playing with fire, any issue at all will destroy the unit.

smallstripeslawncare
02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
A good dealer will not carry anything that essentially voids the warranty. Yes you can use any oil that meets or exceeds the requirements set by the manufacture however Amsoil does not meet the requirements. They are not rated by JASO like all of the current commercial equipment manufactures currently do. This fact along with the mix ratio set at 100:1 WILL void the warranty. That is why for the most part you only see it in shops that are not warranty authorized.

I also feel that at that mix ratio you are playing with fire, any issue at all will destroy the unit.

This is what bothers me "Saber Professional is recommended for pre-mix where ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD or API TC is specified." and honestly thats enough reason not to use it. If it was actually certified by them then it may be worth a shot but that explains why its not sold at dealers on in stores.