PDA

View Full Version : Descriptions for Invoices

FaccLndscpng
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I use Quickbooks, have been for years but after my accountant suggested I start a new company profile to clean up a lot of old data I now have to re enter all my service descriptions. I was just wondering what does everyone use for just basic lawn service? In the past I used "Lawn service, trimming, edging and cleanup on..." I get tired of stuff quick and I feel that I am just tired of this wordage. Even if you don't use a software for your invoices what do you write for "Lawn Service" when you write up your Invoices? Come on guys sound off!

LawnBoy0311
02-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm of no help on this one...because I do the same as you. I use quickbooks and have it saved as Mow/Trim/Blow.

Sorry:o

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I use Quickbooks, have been for years but after my accountant suggested I start a new company profile to clean up a lot of old data I now have to re enter all my service descriptions. I was just wondering what does everyone use for just basic lawn service? In the past I used "Lawn service, trimming, edging and cleanup on..." I get tired of stuff quick and I feel that I am just tired of this wordage. Even if you don't use a software for your invoices what do you write for "Lawn Service" when you write up your Invoices? Come on guys sound off!

I use Gopher and break it down as simple as possible...

MOWING
MULCHING
POWERWASHING
AERATION
TRIMMING
MISC LABOR

BelleCityLawn1
02-21-2013, 12:08 PM
I use Quick Books and for the normal mowing I just put down "weekly lawn maintenance-6/12" Or whatever date I serviced it on. I like to keep it simple.

Thank you,
Tim Oezer
Belle City Lawn Care, LLC

stevef1201
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
To make it easy to enter I use

Customer name - as item
Lawn Service (hedge Trimming etc) as description
and the rate I charge that customer

It looks kind likethis

Joe Monthly chage for lawns Service (March) 125

Frank Hedge trimming 250

Hope you get the idea.

I do this because I have different charges for divverent customers (larger lawns, PITA customer) It is also easier to make up bills with out haveing to look up each lawn for size, hedges for length etc

FaccLndscpng
02-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'm not sure what I am going to do yet but probably will go with "Lawn Service on ..." I like to keep it simple but you know how it is if you dont cover your ***...

djlandscaping06
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM

Yeah, that's me too, I list it as lawn services, mowing, trimming and blowing!