PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ladies and Gents

moreno042004
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
How you all doing, my name is Michael Moreno.I live in Az and just started "Arizona Grounds LLC".I work for a property management company and my manager wasn't happy with the landscape maintenance crew who took care of two of our properties so she jokingly asked me, "hey mike you wanna take over the landscaping?"Of course my response was "YES".I jumped at the opportunity.So here I am. I have worked for landscaping companies in the past and know all the basics but ALL of the business aspect as far as pricing, licensing and stuff like that is new to me.I would like to give quality work and not do it for dirt cheap or barely brake off even as we are all in business to profit and provide.I came across this site actually in 2004 in high school while in the library just surfing the web and when I started my company I remembered the site.Gopher is very informative and I hope to learn many things and tips from all of you to help my company grow and im sure one day I can pass it on.Thank you all.

Michael Moreno

Sprinkler Buddy
02-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. That's a great way to get your foot in the door, takes most guys a few years to get accounts like that. Good luck in your new venture.

Steve
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome back to our forum! :D

Do you have any idea how much the landscape company was charging for the properties you took over? Have you figured out yet how long they take you to service?

Did you divide the price by the time to find how much they were charging per hour?

That could help you determine is it was priced properly or not based on your financial needs.