PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Bid

rjbeck77
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Needing some help. We are bidding out a landscape job. We bought the plants/trees wholesale, and are able to charge retail, about a 50% markup.

How do you determine time to plant the items? Is that included in your mark up from wholesale prices or a separate line item in the estimate?

If it is a separate line item, is there a common rule about what to charge to digging and planting??

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!

jymie
02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
You should charge your cost for the materials plus your 50% markup in addition you should also charge them whatever you're prevailing hourly rate is. what we do is charge $45 per hour for labor that covers my two employees plus my markup for labor.

Steve
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
How do you determine time to plant the items?

If you have a customer that wants it done today, I guess today would be the day to plant. But you may want to talk to the nursery or grower to see if there are any special details about planting the plants you purchase at the time. It doesn't hurt and they may have a lot to suggest.

tairoylance112
01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Develop good relationships and maintain excellent customer service skills. If you have a good reputation before you submit the bid, the chances that you will be awarded the project or job are much greater.