PDA

View Full Version : Morning!

rsanchez1203
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Just wanted to say hello! I have been involved in landscaping my whole life. Grew up on a sod farm in Illinois and did lawn care with my dad as a side job. It got me through college. Even through college and in working in the "corp world", i still maintained a few loyal customers, and now i feel its ready to be my own boss. I love this site. Great advice and ideas from others, and look forward to hearing more, and possibly give some.

Thanks!
Ramon

Steve
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Ramon,

Welcome to our forum! What kinds of steps are you going to be taking to make your dream a reality and what made you decide now was the time?

rsanchez1203
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey Steve!

Well, like you said, if i wait another year, ill be another year older. I am married, one child, and one on the way. I feel i have been "stuck" in the corp. world too long now. I have learned what i neeeded to strive to make my company succesfull. I have been in the customer service side, the accounting side, and the merchandising side of business. Each one teaching me something on business. I have all equipment needed, all i needed to do is jump in the water.

Website/forums like these really motivate as well. I have the support of my wife and loved ones, so im ready!

Sprinkler Buddy
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Steve
02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I have been in the customer service side, the accounting side, and the merchandising side of business. Each one teaching me something on business.

Very interesting! Do any lessons stand out that you apply today in your business? Maybe any top 5?

rsanchez1203
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
For sure the books and the accounting side showed me how to somewhat organize my financials. Not exactly the way i did it, but it gave me ideas on how to organize expenses and income. Merchandising has given me ideas on forecasting my business and comapring them to my actuals, and how to keep that info for the future. To see what time of the year picked up more perhaps with advertising or by season. And in collections, im glad i havent and hope not to, but how to handle irate customers. How to try and understand there needs and see what we can do to resolve it.
Most of what i learned is in more of a general sense of business, but i love how this forum/website brings those ideas i have into more of a lawn care view.