PDA

View Full Version : befores and after

fieroboi
02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Just a couple of before and after pics. Client hated the trees and bed area, as they were done by ex-wife. Really enjoyed this short project, and she has been one of my best promoters. Her son is going to work for me this summer. Best part of the job, happy client!

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

mike affordable
02-15-2013, 05:27 AM
Looks good ! like the railroad ties . nice neat job

fieroboi
02-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Looks good ! like the railroad ties . nice neat job

Railway ties?

phouse65
02-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Looks great. What kind of price did you charge to do that?

fieroboi
02-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Looks great. What kind of price did you charge to do that?

Thanks.

We removed the stone, old landscape fabric and shrubs, then installed the curbing, new landscape fabric, shrubs and bark chips. Was a three day project for me and another guy. If I recall correctly the cost to her was about $5000.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Steve
02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
It looks good! After you performed the job, would you have done anything differently or bid it differently?

Matther777
02-15-2013, 04:26 PM
WOOOO that looks good!!! Hopefully soon I can do jobs like that :D

fieroboi
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
It looks good! After you performed the job, would you have done anything differently or bid it differently?

I was very happy with the job, went according to plan. Spent half a day longer than I thought, but that was just bad time scheduling in my head for shrub removal.

I did learn that I schedule bigger jobs by the day, not half days as sometimes things happen that you have no control over.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Steve
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
How did you end up pulling out the shrubs?

fieroboi
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
How did you end up pulling out the shrubs?

We slowly dug around them with a shovel until we could loosen up the roots enough to pull them out. Which is why I miscalculated the time, took longer than I expected as we ran into some tough ones.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard Fx
Camrose, AB

Grass Doctor
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
works look clean and nice but it looks sad a little of planting was missing anyhow its fine.

fieroboi
02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
works look clean and nice but it looks sad a little of planting was missing anyhow its fine.

Thanks.

That was exactly what the client asked for, I personally would have added a little more as well. She added some potters in a few places for annuals, maybe explained why she only wanted so much.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Grass Doctor
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks.

That was exactly what the client asked for, I personally would have added a little more as well. She added some potters in a few places for annuals, maybe explained why she only wanted so much.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

in that case no further discussion the client is always right looks good, good work.

Moki
03-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Her son is going to work for me this summer

Funny you should say that = last fall I did a job for a lady that liked what I did for her so much that she wanted her son to work for me she called me several times over the fall/winter leaving messages about her son.

She called again two days ago he started working for me today... :D

fieroboi
03-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Funny you should say that = last fall I did a job for a lady that liked what I did for her so much that she wanted her son to work for me she called me several times over the fall/winter leaving messages about her son.

She called again two days ago he started working for me today... :D

Let me know how it works out. I'd be interested in knowing if there was any issues that arrived.

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Moki
03-03-2013, 03:07 AM
He will be 19 sometime this month he's 6'4" 200lbs.

I tried him out for 1/2 a day Friday 10:30am - 3:30pm my main contract is a 110 townhouse complex contract is for 12 month/year I continually get extra work from either the strata council or resident owners.

It was raining so we didn't do any lawn/tree work only loaded into my 6'X12' trailer some old landscape ties that I had removed from beside one townhouse a couple of days before and ripped out/carried/loaded up some 3' high picket pet fences then took it all to a transfer station and unloaded it.

I have to say I am impressed so far he is a coordinated hard worker I'm thinking my regular full time employee had better look out this kid is sharp and is going to out perform him very quickly.

If he continues to impress me and I am really hoping he does he will have a job every year he comes home from university I also just found out his 22 year old older brother will be home from University of Victoria in April if he is anything like his brother I will have another addition to my crew for this season.

and if you picked up on it I stated lawn work above = yes that is right we're probably in the only area in Canada that has already started working on the lawns = spread moss killer and started cutting the grass that is getting to long, also edging and we're 1/2 way thru aerating the complex grass and there is a lot of grass + as soon as the aerating is down we will be spreading Dolopril Lime.

fieroboi
03-03-2013, 07:16 PM
and if you picked up on it I stated lawn work above = yes that is right we're probably in the only area in Canada that has already started working on the lawns = spread moss killer and started cutting the grass that is getting to long, also edging and we're 1/2 way thru aerating the complex grass and there is a lot of grass + as soon as the aerating is down we will be spreading Dolopril Lime.

LOL

I did pick up on that, thanks for rubbing it in. We got 6 inches of wet sticky snow last night and I was out cleaning all day, will finish everyone off tomorrow. Sadly we are well over a month away from getting on grass. Currently we have two feet of snow on the ground and its only just starting to warm up enough to start melting it. So have spring fever this year LOL

Lloyd
Blue's Yard FX
Camrose, AB

Moki
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I put my 38" mower deck onto my John Deere this morning took it over to the complex and cut about a 3/4 acres of grass I'm now hoping to be finished aerating Tuesday afternoon.

I cut my grass at my house for the first time on Feb 10 of this year cut it again last week and again this morning after I had the John Deere going.

My in-laws live in Lacombe so I understand your weather very well been thru your area many times...