PDA

View Full Version : organic or not

mike affordable
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
hey just wondering if anybody uses or has used organic fert. thinking about testing out but would like to here if anyone has had good luck or if it works love some feed back if so what kind thanks mike

willshome
02-14-2013, 06:39 AM
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/34/34dbbc1a-4106-4314-9eb8-2ed8989e67aa_300.jpg
I use this at my house
Home Depot sells it (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202052153/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=lawn+food&storeId=10051#.URzdtWc-ZLY)

LawnBoy0311
02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.natureslawn.com/

I never had any problems with this stuff.

Grass Doctor
02-14-2013, 08:59 AM
make ur own more affordable urea is organic 46 nitrogen

Steve
02-14-2013, 11:19 AM
make ur own more affordable urea is organic 46 nitrogen

To those thinking about doing that, do you have any suggestions on how they should go about it?

mike affordable
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
thanks for the feed back . you guys are very helpfull. i dont think i need an aplicators licence for organic but im going to check anyway. iknow a lot of guys sub out there fert jobs caus you have to get a certificate. in most states. it can be a pain . so thats why im going organic plus i think it might be a good sell around here . think people with pets and so on will go for it but still have a lot to learn about it till then i will keep you up to date on how do .thanks..:)

dpld
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
thanks for the feed back . you guys are very helpfull. i dont think i need an aplicators licence for organic but im going to check anyway. iknow a lot of guys sub out there fert jobs caus you have to get a certificate. in most states. it can be a pain . so thats why im going organic plus i think it might be a good sell around here . think people with pets and so on will go for it but still have a lot to learn about it till then i will keep you up to date on how do .thanks..:)

if the product has a EPA # then you will need a license regardless of what it is and what state you live in.
organic does not always guarantee that the product is free from regulation and EPA exempt.

the natural products like gluten not only fertilize but also work well as a pre emergence for crab grass and other weeds it just needs to be put down well in advance in order to break down and get into the soil.
plus be prepared to charge more and use more of it then standard fertilizer.

in the future i will be switching over to all natural products due to the constant ever increasing regulation of the state of new jersey.
i already called the DEP and confirmed that my products are free from their nonsense and they told me directly i am free to do as i may with those products and there is not a damn thing the state of new jersey can do about it.

mike affordable
02-15-2013, 07:37 AM
thnks dpld .so if it has epa# then i need to get certified. ok my thought is to get more knoledge. on organic. then try and premote it this year since i dont do chemical fertilizing. thanks

LawnBoy0311
02-15-2013, 09:05 AM
thnks dpld .so if it has epa# then i need to get certified. ok my thought is to get more knoledge. on organic. then try and premote it this year since i dont do chemical fertilizing. thanks

Make sure you check your state laws first. I know for me, starting October 1 2013, an applicators license is required for chemical AND organic. It's also really strict here because of the Chesapeake Bay....but better safe than sorry.

Steve
02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
If you make your own organic fertilizer, I do wonder what the application license rules are then with such a product.

Grass Doctor
02-15-2013, 07:33 PM
eBay has become my best friend:D:D:D:D:D:D when it comes o fertilizers etc. ferrous sulfate is my best partner in crime i have ever share moments of beauty with

ferrous makes a huge difference
http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=644

Shark1611
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Here in Texas you do. You can put down anything that promotes growth but nothing that kills it. In fact you cannot even pour boiling water on an ant bed without an applicators license!

Shark1611
02-16-2013, 10:30 PM
if the product has a EPA # then you will need a license regardless of what it is and what state you live in.
organic does not always guarantee that the product is free from regulation and EPA exempt.

the natural products like gluten not only fertilize but also work well as a pre emergence for crab grass and other weeds it just needs to be put down well in advance in order to break down and get into the soil.
plus be prepared to charge more and use more of it then standard fertilizer.

in the future i will be switching over to all natural products due to the constant ever increasing regulation of the state of new jersey.
i already called the DEP and confirmed that my products are free from their nonsense and they told me directly i am free to do as i may with those products and there is not a damn thing the state of new jersey can do about it.

Here in Texas we cannot even put down corn gluten!

Grass Doctor
02-18-2013, 01:52 PM

u right we cant use anything that is use food or feed ,but anything to grow:) getting a pesticide license with the TDA its not as hard as people tent to think if u only trying to get an out side pesticide license weeds etc. if u want to spray trees for termites and else u will need to go TSPC you HAVE TO TAKE TRAINING FOR hours ETC, SO IF U JUST WAN TO DO out side bugs and weeds TDA will do it for you 3 books =$100 a test$24 =license$60
baam u are a license aplicator with the state of TX.

dpld
02-18-2013, 02:11 PM

that is pretty brutal as far as regulations go.

what is their reason for it? it boggles my mind being corn gluten has been used in agriculture going back to the 50's as a safe and natural way.

Grass Doctor
02-18-2013, 03:04 PM
yeah i was stunned too when i found this, but one of the reason i believe i read some where, its that any feed of substance use for food can create other fungal, or attract other pest. :confused::confused::confused:

like corn meal can be use to kill fire ants. BUT IT WILL attract deer and such.

when i start doing all my fertilization program :eek::eek::eek: two years ago i start researching anything organic cause it suit my business and believe me i came out with some bad axxxx way to make liquid organic fertilizer from roots enhancer to grow agents and i spend days and money on finding the way on keep them from brewing and affordable ways to apply them (to hot its no good) etc. till the day one license applicator came and ask me if i was certify to apply organics matter in the state of TX :confused::confused::confused: i say that i dint know that i need a license to apply fertilizer well he wasnt a dick and actually hook me up with the links etc.

i found out i need a license to make or brew product need to be OMRI certified to sell etc, etc, etc,

here is the link to why :confused::confused::confused::confused:

http://texasagriculture.gov/RegulatoryPrograms/Organics.aspx

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=4&ti=4&pt=1&ch=18