PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

BelleCityLawn1
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I just though I would introduce myself. My name is Tim Oezer from Racine, Wisconsin. I am the owner of Belle City Lawn Care, LLC. I worked 2 years at the age of 16-17 for a friend of mine doing snow removal and lawn care. Last winter I decided to branch off and make my own business. I started last winter and here in Wisconsin we barely saw any snow. Even without the snow I did very good in my first year of lawns. I advertise in the paper, adwords, craigslist, facebook, door to door knocking, door hangers, mailings, and of course talking to friends. I am now going on the age of 19 and I am excited to do lawns full time this summer. I am also working on getting my horticulture associates degree. Any tips would be helpful!

Thanks!
Tim Oezer
http://www.bellecitylawncare.com/

krzys666
02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Study your plants.
Know what you are talking about. i am sure you do.

and make sure you keep advertising. even if you think you don't need to because it is winter keep doing it.
you got an okay website, but you really need to look into seo.
so that you get found online.

BelleCityLawn1
02-12-2013, 08:15 PM
krzys666,

I have continued to advertise all winter. I have picked up about 20 accounts this winter already. As for the website it has been my project this winter and I actually updated it a few hours ago. Now that my website is beginning to look professional I am beginning the SEO process. Thanks for the advice!

LawnBoy0311
02-13-2013, 06:03 AM
krzys666,

I have continued to advertise all winter. I have picked up about 20 accounts this winter already. As for the website it has been my project this winter and I actually updated it a few hours ago. Now that my website is beginning to look professional I am beginning the SEO process. Thanks for the advice!

What are you doing to advertise to pick up 20 accounts in the winter????

BelleCityLawn1
02-13-2013, 07:59 AM
LawnBoy0311,

Well this fall I picked up about 30 accounts for snow removal. A decent amount but not too many. After mailing out coupons with my spring specials on them to the 30 snow removal customers with the bill for December and January I turned the 30 snow removal accounts into 20 new lawn care accounts. Not to mention all the door hangers I have waiting to go out in a couple weeks and paper ads. You just can never stop advertising for the season you are in as well as the next season.

Thanks,
Tim Oezer

Steve
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I checked out your website and you could do more with your title to improve your SEO.

Instead of using HOME as your title, why not include Racine Wisconsin Lawn Care Services along with the different zip codes you service. There is more you can do but this is a start. Read up more in the SEO section of the forum to see what else you can do to improve it.

BelleCityLawn1
02-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Steve,

I have been reading up on SEO and my website continues to look better and be more SEO friendly. Thanks for the Idea! I will do that ASAP with the season quickly approaching!

Thanks,
Tim Oezer
Belle City Lawn Care, LLC