PDA

View Full Version : Thank You.

bluebird
02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I just think that I should thank everybody on gopherforum for helping me get through the first year. I honestly dont know if i would have made it this far without your advice to steer me in the right direction . The learning curve is so tough when learning pricing, procedure,equipment issues and such. As far as numbers I did manage to get in the range of 30 mowing customers between Mar and Nov.and maybe 10 brush cleanups during the last couple months . It wasnt pretty , and I did lose some customers or bids because of my screw ups .but hey Im human and just trying to do the best with this. anyway thanks alot .

jymie
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Glad it went well for you!

patrick6411
02-10-2013, 09:42 AM
We all help each other. As you learn things come back and share them with us and new members. This will help the people that come after you.

Steve
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I am glad you did so well!

It wasnt pretty , and I did lose some customers or bids because of my screw ups .but hey Im human and just trying to do the best with this. anyway thanks alot .

What lessons stood out from this that you don't plan on repeating this new year?

bluebird
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Lessons..... I think a big issue for me was to return calls as quik as poss. sometimes I didnt check up on my phone messg. and by the time I called the cust. They found someone else.Now I stop every 30 min. to check phone.

LawnBoy0311
02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Lessons..... I think a big issue for me was to return calls as quik as poss. sometimes I didnt check up on my phone messg. and by the time I called the cust. They found someone else.Now I stop every 30 min. to check phone.

Always a good idea! Nice job figuring it out! It'll go a long way.

When doing quotes, the faster the better. I can't tell you how many times customers have gone with me simply because my quote was so fast. If you can get them done the same day they call or email you, your already off to a great start!

Congrats on doing well and learning the ropes!

bluebird
02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
thanks for positive motivation.

Steve
02-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Now I stop every 30 min. to check phone.

How many new customers do you feel you were able to gain by altering this call back frequency?

bluebird
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
How many new customers do you feel you were able to gain by altering this call back frequency?

Not sure of how many I gained.I know I lost a good 5 customers by not getting back in time .
keeping up with the phone calls was difficult for me to adjust also.. playing secretary while working. Keeping a pen and paper at all times. organization issues, getting good directions before heading out. One job I lost because i passed the house, so i went around the block and another crew was there.In probably 30 seconds.

Steve
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
or bids because of my screw ups

Did you felt you lost bids too because of not getting back to customers fast enough or were there other lessons you felt you had to deal with when it came to bidding?