PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation classes in RI?

kmart104
02-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone, I was looking online to find out about taking classes on irrigation systems in RI and I can't find anywhere or i am missing where they are. I read that I do need to have a license. I am looking to getting into opening and closing as of right now. Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated. I will also contiue to searh.
Thank you
Kevin

Steve
02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi Kevin,

Have you checked out the requirements to get your irrigation license in RI?

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE5/5-20/5-20-25.HTM

http://www.dlt.ri.gov/profregs/plumbLawsRules.htm

"Any person who has agreed to work a minimum of two thousand (2,000) hours over a period of time of not less than one year under the direct supervision and instruction of a master irrigator or a journeyperson irrigator as an apprentice to learn the irrigation business, and that agreement is approved by the division of professional regulation, shall be registered for an initial period of one year, with renewal on the applicant's birthday, by the director of the department of labor and training and have issued to him or her upon the payment of a fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) a certificate showing that person to be a registered apprentice. Every person who continues to work as an apprentice after the initial one year registration is required to register again as an apprentice and pay the fee."

You may need to work under a master irrigator to be able to apply for a license.

tairoylance112
01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
The Irrigation Association supports only state and provincial licensing initiatives that are embraced by the state’s irrigation industry.

Steve
05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Here are a couple of schools that look like they offer irrigation training.

University of Rhode Island

45 Upper College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881
P: (401) 874-1000
Turf/Landscape: Environmental Horticulture & Turfgrass Science

Rhode Island School of Design

Two College Street
Providence, RI 02903-2784
P: (401) 454-6100
Turf/Landscape: Landscape Architecture