PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thank you for your information.

dmcdonald
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
I am helping to start a brand new lawn care business this year. I have 6 years of experience working for another company, but this is an all new process.
I appreciate learning from the many threads that I have looked over this past week, and I look forward to learning much more.
-dmcdonald

LawnBoy0311
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Congrats and good luck! With your past experience you'll do fine!

Steve
01-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kind of steps are you implementing now? Where are you in your development of your business?

dmcdonald
01-31-2013, 02:53 PM
We are now working out all of our advertizing, setting our prices, finding our market, finding a truck and all of our equipment. We have accomplished a lot of these things, but still working out the final details. We still need to work out the business insurance side and things like that.
We are getting excited to putting out our door hangers and newsletters. Just finished the logo today.
Does anyone have suggestions about health insurance coverge for the business?

Steve
02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have suggestions about health insurance coverge for the business

I do wonder what % of small lawn care business owners have health care insurance they purchase individually. I bet the number is very low. Although this may change by next year with obamacare. Currently I'd bet most newer lawn care business owners have no health insurance or are insured through a spouse.

Have you checked the prices in your area? I bet they are very high.