PDA

View Full Version : Garden Tiller

DillonB92
01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey Guys! I am looking to start farming in the spring. Just small scale Until I finish school next year or two. I am looking to get a tiller. I would love to have a tractor, but I can't really afford it right now! Do you guys have any suggestions? If I spend the money on a tiller, I want it to be one that will last a while and be faithful and problem free. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Dillon:D

Steve
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Are you going to be tilling ground that has been tilled in the past or is this going to be new area?

DillonB92
01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Well to start off Its going to have never been tilled. but after I till it I plan to keep it tilled enough to suppress weeds and to just loosen it up

bruces
01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
if your asking about a home-owner tiller ,I have an older troy built [pre mtd junk they are now] and its been a kick azz unit .You wont find a new one like it but should be able to find one used .If your actually looking to become a corn cob pipe smokin farmer ,you need a tractor and my unit would justr be frustrating .

Steve
01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Depending on how the soil is, it may be worth while for at least the first time you till it, to rent a larger heavier unit. Those small lightweight ones don't work unless the soil is loose.

Have you checked out craigslist? Find a heavier one if possible. You want weight so it stay in position and dig up the earth. Plus you need power to do it.