PDA

View Full Version : Bench Advertsing

Sprinkler Buddy
01-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Thinking of doing some advertising throughout the state of FL on benches. This is my new ad I'm considering running, yeah or nay?

Thanks for any feedback!

CHEESE2009
01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
I think it would be cool.

Even if you don't get a response, take a picture of the bench with the advert on it, and use that in future advertising. It'll make you appear to be a bigger brand.

-

As for the ad itself, it will most likely be viewed more by kids/students vs seniors out on a stroll; I have no idea what your area is like, but if the price is right, why not? :D

willshome
01-24-2013, 10:06 AM
what about mailing one to every lawn care business around you. What % of houses around you have sprinklers? what about in store displays

Sprinkler Buddy
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I remember the excitement I had many years ago starting my own lawn care business. So many what ifs, my newest venture here, I believe is about 10x more the what ifs and excitement and about 20x more the investment.

Higher the risk, the higher the rewards I guess! lol

Think I just decided to try it, now to inform the wife of my decision. Lucky for me, she usually just says "it's your baby" "you figure out how to pay for it". lol

It's only $$$ and you can't take it with you.

Here goes nothing! lol

I would think a bench ad would work great for lawn advertising too, if your in the right area. All other promotions find their way to the trash, usually the same day they are received. That bench ad would stare at them every time they went by it. Just a thought of mine to the other lawn, landscaping, and irrigation guys and gals.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Its a good idea. Any place that has bus benches is in a high traffic area.

I though of advertising on buses themselves but the city that has them is pretty poor. I rarely get work there.

Another place is theres a small cab company that has a ad box on top. I considered that too but it was pricey.

stevef1201
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I think "that only the poor use the bus." There is no return to this type of advertising for companies like ours, it's OK for bloodsucking lawyers who aren't looking to make money from customers but from the companies that they can sue.

CHEESE2009
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I think "that only the poor use the bus."

I feel the same.

We need the Mythbusters to solve this.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-24-2013, 06:00 PM
I think "that only the poor use the bus." There is no return to this type of advertising for companies like ours, it's OK for bloodsucking lawyers who aren't looking to make money from customers but from the companies that they can sue.

Use and see are two different things. I wouldnt hand out pamphlets on a bus but the bus driving threw the city for 12 hours a day is going to be noticed.

Sprinkler Buddy
01-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Better image, The traffic driving by is whom I hope notices the ad. Not just those using public transportation. I'll let y'all know how effective it is in a few months. Wont be the first time I wasted money trying to advertise. lol

Image isn't showing up any better. lol Just checked it!

willshome
01-24-2013, 07:04 PM
One thing I have learned is only market to people needing your service.
Are you using Google adword? I just Googled (sprinkler heads) (sprinkler parts) and you did not come up but, found you on amazon & ebay

Steve
01-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I think the ad looks great.

Tell me this, who are your target customers? How will this method reach them better than another method?

Sprinkler Buddy
01-24-2013, 09:06 PM
One thing I have learned is only market to people needing your service.
Are you using Google adword? I just Googled (sprinkler heads) (sprinkler parts) and you did not come up but, found you on amazon & ebay

I tried adword and quickly realized I can't compete with the big boys on the main key words. Not to mention, the many bot clicks that would quickly eat up my budget.

The bench where my ad will be is surrounded by subdivisions that all have sprinkler system. I have learned it's homeowners ordering my product so I think I'll be hitting my target. Time will tell.

I think one would find my site naturally by keywords like: sprinkler donuts, lawn sprinkler protection, lawn sprinkler head guards, etc... I'm on Amazon and Ebay simply to help get my product known, basically paying for advertising only when they make a sale. I like it, much cheaper to pay them than cpc.

My biggest struggle is most folks outside of FL haven't heard of these types of products and therefore don't search for them. Those in FL just walk into any hardware store and pick from between the 2-3 like products they carry, homeowners typically don't shop online for irrigation products here in FL.

It all takes a lot of time but I'm gaining ground every year. Very much looking forward to the coming season. That's another thing, it being a seasonal product for much of the USA. The odds have been and are against me but I'm persistent when I decide to do something. lol

willshome
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
I would cold call lawn care businesses around the country asking if they would like one free to try. What about gardening centers offer to send 2 orders free if they can sell them to order more

Sprinkler Buddy
01-25-2013, 07:06 AM
I would cold call lawn care businesses around the country asking if they would like one free to try. What about gardening centers offer to send 2 orders free if they can sell them to order more

Have you been through this process? I have and am currently working on those methods as well.

If you have, what was it you tried taking to market yourself, is it still on the market?

willshome
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Have you been through this process?

I ran a bar & grill and I had a girl that would call offices out of the phone book. The way we did it was say that someone filled out one of those cards that you fill out and put in the fish bowl and they WON!! (white lie) free private buffet if they bring 12 coworkers. It was a slow way of doing it but it did work.

you may want to try something like
you
"Hi it's Mike from sprinkler buddy calling to let you know your order has shipped"
them
"We didn't order anything"
you
"What you didn't order a free sample sprinkler guard"
"no"
"ok well someone order online one for you, so when it gets there please feel free to keep it and try it out"

If the don't hang up mid way throw mail them one

Sprinkler Buddy
01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm not that good at little "white lies" think I'll leave that one to the pros. lol

I could see that working though for some, just isn't for me.