PDA

View Full Version : Dear weatherman,

willshome
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
I think it is great you found a job that you can be right only 45% of the time (at best) and still think your the man. Like last night during the 6pm "News" when you said we will get 4" to 6" of snow over night. Then at the 11pm "News" a coating to an inch. How in 5 hours did the forecast change, 5 times less snow? Did you shake the magic 8 ball again? At 6pm you made it sound like fact real snow was coming not just maybe.
Love, Will

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
I was supposed to get a inch in the evening and then up to 3 inches till 1 am. I stayed up all night and after 5 hours of snowing had about a inch. I went out and salted at 3am. The weather man sucks. They couldnt even admit being wrong they just kept backing the end time up. It will stop at 2,3,4. I couldve went out at 11 and slept the rest of the night but there liars.

friday was supposed to be big but now there backing off that.

bruces
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
unfortunately,the weatherman around here said its going to be darn cold,the unfortunate part is he was spot on with his prediction .

LawnBoy0311
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
My friends uncle is a weatherman. Boggles my mind he has a beach house, but sucks at his job of predicting weather.

willshome
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
friday was supposed to be big but now there backing off that.

I think their scared to call for big storms now. Last night @ 11pm one of them guaranteed big snow on Friday right after messing up last nights forecast.

Sprinkler Buddy
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
What would it be like if we could get away with that kind of service? lol

LawnCareMan280
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Ya in my state in the last week of December we could have a huge snow storm I get out of school I signed up for automated text messages saying snow storm coming in an hour. Ok go on the computer look out the window when it was time for it to snow like bannanas it was sunny and fourty degrees I took off the gearbox for my toro power max and re greased first gear and put it back together and no snow WTF. This is what my weatherman deserves

stevef1201
01-23-2013, 07:13 AM
You guys have got it rough! Down here the weather man says' it will be cool to cold at night, warm during the day, clear to partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain' He is right every time. During the summer its " Hot and muggy, clear to partly cloudy with a chance of rain" Again he is right.

"If you dont likethe weather in Florida just wait a few minutes it will change!"

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Fridays blizzard has been downgraded to this.

A slight chance of snow after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 25. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

They were saying 4-8 and 6-12 with a 90% chance.

I just bought 3 tons of salt. I might have left overs for next year now.

Surprisingly I just received phone calls to bid a marina and a day care center. Its so late in the winter that I dont want to even submit a price. Whenever someone calls this late theres a reason. They werent paying and guy stopped showing or there PITA to work with and he quit or was let go.

willshome
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Surprisingly I just received phone calls to bid a marina and a day care center. Its so late in the winter that I dont want to even submit a price. Whenever someone calls this late theres a reason. They werent paying and guy stopped showing or there PITA to work with and he quit or was let go.

It could be
The old service was slow.
poorly serviced
other plower could have gone out of business (it's been a great year)
got a DUI
truck died...

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-23-2013, 07:14 PM
It could be
The old service was slow.
poorly serviced
other plower could have gone out of business (it's been a great year)
got a DUI
truck died...

Well one said they were trying to get a lower price. I doubt that theyll get that here. Its a jerk move to let someone go half way through the season to save a few bucks.

The other didnt say what happen to the other guy. It is a marina not sure why they would be open in snowy conditions anyway.

willshome
01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Well one said they were trying to get a lower price. I doubt that theyll get that here. Its a jerk move to let someone go half way through the season to save a few bucks.
not cool at all

The other didnt say what happen to the other guy. It is a marina not sure why they would be open in snowy conditions anyway.
they maybe working on boats year round or they may need a path around the buildings for fire trucks

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-25-2013, 09:42 PM
I havent heard back from either one. They must of thought they were calling weekend warrior.

Seeing some nice new equipment for sale. lol

Starting to get like this....
http://www.tvspots.tv/video/14203/DUNKIN-DONUTS**PLOW

willshome
01-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Starting to get like this....
<embed width="452" height="361" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="main" id="main" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.tvspots.tv/player/vPlayer.swf?f=http://www.tvspots.tv/player/vConfig_embed.php?vkey=2a03d4480b560df531df" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

I know that feeling to well and it's not funny
What % of your plowing is per push and what % seasonal

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I know that feeling to well and it's not funny
What % of your plowing is per push and what % seasonal

I'm about 95% seasonal. So I cant complain besides the PM expecting me to plow every snow flake that falls now.

You ever have your salt freeze? Last night was like chipping ice cubes off a block of ice. I had to use a ax to cut it up. It was still to thick to put through the spreader so we chucked it out the bed.

I thought I needed a new pump on my plow too. It wouldnt move at all. Had to drive it on the roads in the down position. Go out to mess with it this morning and all is good. I think something electrical froze?

willshome
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Had to drive it on the roads in the down position. Go out to mess with it this morning and all is good. I think something electrical froze?

If you have a fisher you can jack it adjust the chain to hold it up. When was the last time you Di-Electric greased your plugs (truck to plow) if there is any water in the plugs turns to ice and will block the power/signal.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-26-2013, 08:50 PM
If you have a fisher you can jack it adjust the chain to hold it up. When was the last time you Di-Electric greased your plugs (truck to plow) if there is any water in the plugs turns to ice and will block the power/signal.

That might be part of the problem. That was the first thing I was going to do but it lifted first try. I think ice froze in the connectors.

If I wasnt out alone because of the lack of snow. I couldve had another truck bring a jack but I was like a 1/2 mile from home. So I drove it with a cop behind me and all.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Have you been following these weather reports?

I hear anything from 1" to 20". Thats a big difference! Imagine bidding like that? Its going be $50 or $900.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555915_10151423578154605_361149345_n.jpg

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=123112&stc=1&d=1360162901

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=123102&stc=1&d=1360123683

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2013/400x266_02061541_snowmap.jpg

willshome
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
They are saying 8 to 12 here. I am not betting on it
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-06-2013, 12:02 PM
At the end of article that says "New England will be Buried this Weekend". It briefly talks about it will snow 2" a hour if two storms collide. Hmmmmm, that sounds like that perfect storm nonsense about Sandy.

willshome
02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I am getting a lot of calls about plowing Saturday morning .
"hi I would like to be plowed out saturday morning one time no contract "
I try not to lol
when I tell them it would be 12 to 24 hours after the storm before we could plow a non contract driveway they get mad oh well

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
wait till 12" have fallen. I expect about 100 calls saturday. Its the same by the time I clean up the lots and get close to them they dont answer. Theres a reason to be on a route.

I even tell people at the beginning of the season we'll come at any trigger. If under 4" isnt a problem then well come after 4" is on the ground. They dont bite then call me crying cause they cant get out of their drives.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
All the totals are upped. The least amount is now 10" with up to 36".

TWC: 10-16"
NWS: 11-17"

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/truvu/map_specnews10_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

Looks like your in the potential 3ft area Will. Good luck! If you need some help, dont call me ill be buried or putting a gun in my mouth.

willshome
02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like your in the potential 3ft area Will. Good luck!

better not snow 3 feet my plow is only 30" tall LOL

If you need some help, dont call me ill be buried or putting a gun in my mouth. save a round for me

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
better not snow 3 feet my plow is only 30" tall LOL
save a round for me

Your gonna have to raise it if gets that high. Take off the top half.

I dont know if ill have any left after I shoot the phone, pc and myself.

I took down my ad and put up more of a statement.