PDA

View Full Version : Purchased new stump grinder for my lawn care service

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
During this fall I purchased several pieces of equipment. I looked around and found a couple of auction and then I came up with an idea to contact rental companies to purchase their old rental stuff. One of the rental companies called me back and had just want I was looking for a Vermeer sc252 stump grinder.

http://lawn-care-service.info/stump-grinding-houston/img_0639/

Tried to add an image with image code and it will not appear.

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 09:00 AM
http://lawn-care-service.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/IMG_0639-300x225.jpg

http://lawn-care-service.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/IMG_0632-300x225.jpg

http://lawn-care-service.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/IMG_0633-300x225.jpg

Ok here we are!

Steve
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
That looks like a nice solid piece of machinery. What is your view on why you decided to go in this direction? Have you had much stump grinding service requests over the past year?

LawnCareMan280
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the purchase:D! That would be awesome in my future but you know got to start out small.

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 07:40 PM
That looks like a nice solid piece of machinery. What is your view on why you decided to go in this direction? Have you had much stump grinding service requests over the past year?

I went ahead and got this to add to my services. I figured I could advertise my lawn care at the same time as doing the stump grinding. In addition to this, here in Houston we have a lot of yards that have stumps from the drought and hurricane a few years ago. I figure if someone signs up for a weekly service I will grind their stump for free after six months of service, only one for every six months of weekly service. This could be a good solid selling point. In turn I will retain them for at least six months and upsell them on other extras.
I have in the past had request for stump grinding and of course I personally couldn’t do the work. Now I can personally do it.

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Congrats on the purchase:D! That would be awesome in my future but you know got to start out small.

Small is how everything starts then little by little you move up!!:)

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I would call other lawn guys and smaller tree outfits. I sub stumps to a guy that charges me what it would cost to rent. It works out for both of us.

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
I would call other lawn guys and smaller tree outfits. I sub stumps to a guy that charges me what it would cost to rent. It works out for both of us.

I did too but now I don't have to call anybody just load it. If I decide its not working I can sell it for a profit, I got a really sweet deal on it.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I did too but now I don't have to call anybody just load it. If I decide its not working I can sell it for a profit, I got a really sweet deal on it.
what Im saying is its easier to market to other pros then customers. You get in with the right company and you might get 20-30 jobs.

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
what Im saying is its easier to market to other pros then customers. You get in with the right company and you might get 20-30 jobs.

Great point, I have been looking at this as a bonus/up sell. There could be a whole new source of a nice income coming in.

Steve
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Maybe even make some stump grinding postcards. When you are out mowing, if you see a stump in a yard, you could drop off a postcard to them.

But also as stated above, marketing to local tree guys that might not perform this service or other lawn care guys could help too.

patrick6411
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Maybe even make some stump grinding postcards. When you are out mowing, if you see a stump in a yard, you could drop off a postcard to them.

But also as stated above, marketing to local tree guys that might not perform this service or other lawn care guys could help too.

Right my main idea is to expand a little. I will post other equipment I purchase this Fall, in a day or so.

LawnCareMan280
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Small is how everything starts then little by little you move up!!:)

Adzactly:D:D:D:D:D