PDA

View Full Version : Greg's lawn and landscape

Greg'slawnandlandscape
01-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Hi I'm Greg I have owned my bussines for four years this will be my fith I live in Jacksonville nc and prefer my main business to be consumer vs big commercial contracts. I am sixteen and this year I want to prove that know matter how young you are you can still be successful.

Things I like:
Hanging out with friends
Friday night highschool football

Mayor of Mow Town
01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
...I want to prove that know matter how young you are you can still be successful...

Woo hoo! Love it. Go get 'em.

LawnBoy0311
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Hows business down there? I'll be moving (hopefully) an hour north of you, and am thinking of going full time. The NC crowd is hard to get info out of!!

Steve
01-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi Greg,

Welcome to our forum!

What's your view as to why you like residential vs commercial customers?

Greg'slawnandlandscape
01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi Greg,

What's your view as to why you like residential vs commercial customers?

I like residential because I can have many small accounts unlike commercial where I have a few accounts which means if one commercial account drops me it makes a bigger difference. I also like residential because my last commercial account would give me checks and they would bounce with money owed and fees counted it was about 400 dollars it wasn't worth taking her to court so I sent an email to our local chamber of commerce.

To lawn boy business down here is nice but I'm on the coast. There is a lot of lawn company's in jacksonvile some are nice (I've been stuck and they pulled the mower out) and others have tried to take my clients while I was still mowing the property.

On the upside there is plenty of grass and plenty of lawns to mow down here

Steve
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I've been stuck and they pulled the mower out

WOW what happened with that? Any pictures?

Greg'slawnandlandscape
01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
WOW what happened with that? Any pictures?

No pictures it has happened twice in two different areas the same person pulled me out he has a similar route to me the first time it was my fault I went into the ditch to mow and being that I had little gas in the tank it all went away from the gas line so after I refueled the mower sank down a few inches the second time I was mowing a impatient clients lawn after it rained and everything was good until the mower started slowing down and finally stopped with spinning wheels after I got off I found that there was a 20ft of ruts that I just created there was no getting out of that one

Steve
01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
How will you handle that lawn in the future? Will you do anything differently? Were you at all concerned the mower might roll?

Greg'slawnandlandscape
01-26-2013, 11:20 AM
How will you handle that lawn in the future? Will you do anything differently? Were you at all concerned the mower might roll?

I Still go through the ditch but my problem was I ran out of gas so the machine had enough time to sink in that and stopping caused me to lose momentum. I wasn't concerned about the mower tipping if I go through ditches I go in perpendicular.