PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

worthylandscaping
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
My husband started Worthy Landscaping in July 2012. He started by posting adds on Craigslist. It was summer time in Houston, Texas so he got A LOT of business doing people's residential yards. Then Premiere Landscaping (does forclosed home's yards) contacted him. These were ok, but most of the time it was a lot of drive time and really high grass for very little money. Eventually, he got a contract with Lennar homes. These kinds of contracts are great because its several yards within a single community (less drive time) and its on a weekly basis (so you know what to expect). The down side is large corporations take a long time to pay. It has been tough, but I really want to help encourage him (I know he can do this)! One problem we've been facing is equipment failure. Seems like every peice of equipment has a short life span. Especially edgers (there are now 4 broken ones sitting in our garage) and blowers (I think we have 3 broken ones). Any who, I'm Breann and my husband is Doug. Hope to be chatting with you all real soon!

LawnCareMan280
01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
First off welcome to the forum! I am glad to here that your husband got a contract with Lennar Homes. I am only 12 years old and I only have 3 yards to do but when it comes to spring cleanup time I will probably get 2 more yards to take care of. 5 may seem a little but 5 yards is a lot to me. Hope To see u soon!

Travis Owner of TJ'S Lawn Care

Steve
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You got a lot going on there!

It sounds like there are two big issues effecting you. Potentially consumer grade equipment breaking down and late paying large companies.

Have you considered marketing to more home owners in your area so you can get a lot of smaller customers versus one big one that can take as long as they want to pay?

Also, have you looked into getting some commercial grade equipment to cut down on equipment failure?