PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for the cold season.

mcsanderslawns@gmail.com
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi, I am the owner of TexasTurfTrim, we are located in Austin and I have been in the lawn business for 4 years now, and I am looking to go legit this year or I will turn this into something to make extra money and get a real career for they are hard to find in this economy. I am taking every resource I can to become a legit lawn business, I am going to my community college to become a professional landscaper, since I am not fully experienced I thought about powerwashing peoples driveways, patios and walkways since it is simple like lawn service but not having a job you dont even know about and then possibly not being paid because of dissatisfaction, I might add some leaf removal jobs as well. I thought about fence repair but I have no experience on it what-so-ever, would like some advice as well, since I am trying to go legit, I am working on a logo that I might just put it on the business card, Ive had officemax make my flier and I am honestly disappointed in the work, my Dad also recommended that I make my flier personal which I might go with, but I want to start making money within the next week. My question is are there any other services in the winter time would you recommend I try and where should I get a logo so when I drive with my truck and trailer I am able to let the public know that I am in business?

Matt,

Steve
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Matt,

Being in business for 4 years, do you have steady clients you service? Have you asked them if they needed any other services done in or around their house? Have you noticed any issues on their property that you could address? That might be a good place to start.

where should I get a logo so when I drive with my truck and trailer I am able to let the public know that I am in business?
You could have one custom made. Or you could use one of these free lawn care logo templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8156) and edit it to meet your needs.

phouse65
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
I use a logo design program that I purchased for $30 at office max. And I also have microsoft publisher that I use for business cards, flyers, pamphlets, etc. I recommend purchasing both. You can make your own flyers or post cards, and take them to a print shop and save a ton of money. If you need help with a logo, let me know. I have a few that I made and didn't use.