PDA

View Full Version : Stihl vs echo weed eaters...

Cbforrester2
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Sthil vs echo weed eaters? What's your experience been like?

jsslawncare
01-15-2013, 08:38 AM
I prefer Echo.

wat5150
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I like echo. They are both good.

LawnBoy0311
01-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I like echo. They are both good.

Where the hell have you been?????????????

I like echo but thats just me. Both are good.

wat5150
01-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Working. Building sip panel eco housing. Freezing my *** off!!

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
The only echo product I would take over stihls is a hedge trimmer and the newer backpacks. The br600 just dont have enough power to compete and the hedge trimmer price isnt justified.

Other then that I would go with stihl and redmax for everything else.

wat5150
01-19-2013, 08:36 AM
The echo backpacks are bad@ss. Redmax is good also.

strength
01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
i have all echo they run good and if u ever need plug or filter a home depot is always 10 min a way

Ducke
01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Both are good but it well worth the extra $$ to get the Stihl.

Grass Doctor
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
echo:D:D:D

patrick6411
01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I like Echo parts are easy to find. Homedepot on dang near every corner! Plus I started with them.

LawnBoy0311
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
This could be one of those never ending debates. Like Ford or Chevy????

It's all personal preference. Plus, they way things are built now-a-days...don't expect it to last long!

bruces
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
I have never owned an echo ,but my ancient tanaka has lasted through several stihls and even a very nice mitsubishi .I is my dream to one day own a ryobi !

Williams Simple Lawn Care
02-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Sthil vs echo weed eaters? What's your experience been like?

Echo. I have one Stilh weedeater and usually save it if something were to happen to my Echo's

jymie
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I have never owned an echo ,but my ancient tanaka has lasted through several stihls and even a very nice mitsubishi .I is my dream to one day own a ryobi !

Ryobi? Don't do it, been there done that, what a hunk of garbage

wat5150
02-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Ryobi? Don't do it, been there done that, what a hunk of garbage

You dont seem to pick up on sarcasm very well.

NPM_LLC
02-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I have the Stihl FS90R weedeaters..they are by far more powerful than any echo I have used and they are going on 4 hard summers with no issues at all.

smallstripeslawncare
02-23-2013, 09:43 AM
I have had bad luck with trimmers over the last year. I started with a weed eater brand trimmer from walmart that I had I had a Redmax BCZ2460S and bought it brand new 10 years ago so its lasted awhile (I was little when I got it because I've always loved weedeaters) but the coil kept cutting out when I started using it daily. Then I got an SRM225 that I loved but it was stolen and then I tried the redmax and I had tons of issues with it. It sounded like a bottom end issue when it idles but especially when trimming anything a little heavy and I knew it wasn't right and definitely not going to last. The dealer wouldn't do anything for me because I wasn't using the redmax oil which is complete BS but I decided to never go to that dealer again. Then I tried the FS90R but its hard to edge with it since the throttle has no in between. Its idle or full throttle. Plus I kept having starting issues with it when warm and the dealer said it was a bad coil and decided it was best to give my money back since I needed it right then and not weeks from now and wasn't willing to give a loaner.

I now have an Echo SRM-230. Plenty of power for weekly lawns and so far so good with it. Plus I really like the echo's sound compared to the others.

Blowers I have a Redmax EBZ8500RH and love it. Plenty of power and gets the job done. I bought a Stihl BR600 for a helper during leaf season and it just didn't compare to the redmax. I've never tried echo blowers but I know the Redmax is more powerful than the biggest echo blower.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
I tried pretty much every commercial brand. I put my own rating system on each. I thought this was important since theres a big difference between first and second in certain categories.

The newer husquarvanas are Redmax and newer Echo are Shindawia. So these ratings apply to before the takeovers. Both these companies were making crap before.

I'm no brand wh*re. I like what works and stays running.

Blowers: Redmax (10), Shindawia (9), Stihl (5), Husquarvana (4) Echo (3).

Trimmers/Edgers/Hedgers: Stihl (10), Redmax (9), Shindawia (8), Echo (6), Husquarvana (5).

Chainsaws: Stihl (10), jonsered (7), Redmax (6), Husquarvana (6), Echo (5).

wandfsmall
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I tried pretty much every commercial brand. I put my own rating system on each. I thought this was important since theres a big difference between first and second in certain categories.

The newer husquarvanas are Redmax and newer Echo are Shindawia. So these ratings apply to before the takeovers. Both these companies were making crap before.

I'm no brand wh*re. I like what works and stays running.

Blowers: Redmax (10), Shindawia (9), Stihl (5), Husquarvana (4) Echo (3).

Trimmers/Edgers/Hedgers: Stihl (10), Redmax (9), Shindawia (8), Echo (6), Husquarvana (5).

Chainsaws: Stihl (10), jonsered (7), Redmax (6), Husquarvana (6), Echo (5).

From what I understand you are incorrect about the Echo being Shindawia it is the Shindawia that is an Echo product. I am under the understanding it has to do with patents that Redmax(or now Husquvarna) owns, that prevented the Shindawia products from being built without a redesign.

Also not All Husquvarna products are Redmax just a few models.

SECTLANDSCAPING
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
From what I understand you are incorrect about the Echo being Shindawia it is the Shindawia that is an Echo product. I am under the understanding it has to do with patents that Redmax(or now Husquvarna) owns, that prevented the Shindawia products from being built without a redesign.

Also not All Husquvarna products are Redmax just a few models.

Husqvarna 570/580BTS are the RedMax EBZ7500/8500. The lower end models are still Husqvarna/Poulon but they made good cheap products anyway. They could never make a top of the line blower like the 8500.

The EB633 and PB770 are one and the same and so is the pb500 and eb508. Echo hasnt ported the 802 or 852 which is good. You can tell by looking at the specs that the 633 is made by Echo. Its 5lbs heavier then the old 630 and has 200 cubic ft per minute less. Thats a Echo product heavy and slow.