PDA

View Full Version : New from Minnesota

Heinz_MN
01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Just saying hi to everyone on the forum and I hope to learn a thing or two about starting a business and making it successful. I have a few friends that own a lawn/snow business here in the state and I'd ask them about business, but I know that some of the info would be get taken with a grain of salt since I would end up competing with them. Obviously, I'm not going to take business from them, but want to compete with them and their competitors. I've been working for the same company for quite some time doing lawn care and snow removal and I think it's my time to be a business owner.

-Nick

Steve
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Nick,

Welcome to our forum!

When are you going to get yourself up and running? What are some of your plans to get going?

Heinz_MN
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
I of course still have my full time job and will keep it until I am more comfortable going on my own, since I am supporting a family. I have had a few accounts for a few years as side jobs for one day on the weekend, but want to expand it to 2-3 days. I also have been using the equipment I use at my current job, which is fine and my boss has no problem with it. Until I get enough money the equipment, truck, trailer, and others should come. What I am planning on doing, is to talk to a really good friend of mine who has his own little mowing business and pick his brain for a few hours over a few beers.

Steve
01-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Keep us posted on all your growth. I bet you could create some great marketing that includes your experience and maybe some photos of you manicuring the lawns you work on. I am looking to hear more from you on all this!

I am sure you will do great at it all!

Heinz_MN
01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks Steve. I'm sure I'm not the only one though that is a little timid on starting a new business in the day in age due to the economy. But as long as I keep my eye on the prize I think I should do fine.

ringahding1
01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
"Just quit, give up, you will never be able to do this for a living"

That is what I was told, now look! Hey man if you need pointers of how to grow this bad boy, do not hesitate.