PDA

View Full Version : Start Forums Based on Geographical Area?

nice2weedu
01-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Looking for input. I am intersted in swapping ideas and stories with lawn service companies located in my area. Don't get me wrong, I love reading the information shared across the board. But, I am more curious about how the companies closer to home handle situations. I am " Jersey Strong ".

dpld
01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
being a jersey guy myself what would be the stories or information you so desire?

operating a business in jersey it is a automatic given that you will be doing business in a state that is very expensive to live in, highly regulated and most of the competition is with illegal aliens.

i myself am happy to say that i never hired a illegal to work for me with the exception of one time i hired a day laborer for a really big mulch job that i needed a extra body on and the guy worked his butt off and after i got to know him i felt sorry for him.

long story short, i helped him get situated and got him set up with papers to where he could work here legally and took him under my wing.
for 4 years he was one of the best guys i had and then he just up and left and went back home because he saved so much money here in the four years that he was able to set himself up back home and pretty much retire.

i was happy for him but at the same time i was a little upset because i invested a ton of money into him and being he was only 24 years old i figured he would have been around a while.
so from that point on i decided that there is plenty of americans that need jobs and instead of investing in some third worlds economy i would try to keep it here instead.
i guess the bright side is he did not end up starting his own business here and steal my customers.

Von Bobbeh
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
A pacific north west board would be really sweet. Although we'd probably all just complain the wild grass grows 5 ft tall, and then rains on all scheduled work days. LOL

LawnBoy0311
01-11-2013, 02:26 PM
most of the competition is with illegal aliens.

You should visit Northern Virginia!!

I did a search on google and I put "Why are people from new" and google did the autosearch that came up with "Why are people from new jersey so annoying". No, it's not a stab at anyone, I just found it funny.

I've seen in other forums that some categories (Not sure of furm lingo....) have sub categories for different parts of the region, but they don't really have much activity. Could be worth a shot though!