PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces Day Special

LawnCareMan280
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Well I was wondering for my lawncare of 2013 I was wondering should I go out in the communitty and assist a veteran for lawn care? Will this attract new customers? Why I ask now is because I can plan to do it on armed forces day. Please Respond A.S.A.P!

P.S I got a new name instead of Vanden Broek Lawn Service I renamed it TJ'Z Lawn Care

stevef1201
01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I would contact the local organization like the VFW (no I am not endorsing then) and ask about a disabled vet in you area that could use a real good sprucing up, you know lawn mowed, flower beds done trees trimmed, shrubs trimmed. Then get you local supplier to donate the mulch etc and go out there and give 'em hell. If you look around I am sure you will find others who would help. Send out a press release and let the newspapers and local TV news know about the project, hopefully they will do a story and make you famous. This is exactly what big corporations do, how do you think the news gets those stories.

Steve
01-11-2013, 03:24 PM
That is a great idea! Let us know how all this works out for you! I bet you get a lot of press coverage plus you will feel good helping out a local veteran!

Greg'slawnandlandscape
01-18-2013, 12:49 AM
I live down in Jacksonville nc and we are surrounded by military bases. I had an idea to help wounded warriors this summer. The idea came to me when I was walking to the buss stop last year (I now drive) and talking to my friend nick and he mentioned his family wanted a zero turn but couldn't afford it (his step dad steped on a mine and lost his legs) I couldn't think why they wanted one because they had a top of the line husquvarna lawn tractor so I asked why and he said because ray(his step dad) wanted to mow the lawn again and could operate the zero turn because he only needs his arms. So I thought what if I organize a week out of my season and take all profits and purchase consumer zero turns and hire a local welding shop to make it so the wounded warrior can use it even if there missing a hand. I don't mean to hijack this thread but how should I try to pull this off and because this is a huge military town I will get a lot of customers should I work a deal with other lawn company's and have them help me.

LawnBoy0311
01-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Ahhhhh yes, Jacksonville, NC. Boy do I not miss that place. Home to 500 barber shops, car dealers, strip clubs, and Marine "Lifers" ready to chew your *** up as soon as soon as they get the chance.

The idea you have is awesome. I have a friend who was with me in Iraq. He stepped on an IED and it took both of his legs and a lot of use to one of his arms. He's in the process of moving to a bigger house, I think an acre or two lot. One problem though....he can't mow the lawn. I was showing him my ZTR one day and we were thinking of ways to adapt it to him.

The things we came up with were an easier way for him to get on and sit down. Having the controls closer to his body so he doesn't have to reach forward as far.

Good luck with it, I'm sure other companies will donate and help you out. Theres a lot of support in that town!

usmc3391
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Ahhhhh yes, Jacksonville, NC. Boy do I not miss that place. Home to 500 barber shops, car dealers, strip clubs, and Marine "Lifers" ready to chew your *** up as soon as soon as they get the chance.

haha perfectly described jacksonville nc and oceanside ca