PDA

View Full Version : HelP W/Operating Expenses

COWPOP
01-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone,
Would there be someone out there that can help with equipment operating expenses? What I am having trouble with is trying to come up with a good dollar amount for the truck we plain on using to tow with. I am able to come up with the mowing equipment costs but not the truck. I base the equipment cost, by the hour on the replacemanet cost at new equipment prices, at 2000 hours of use, plus fuel. Its hard to do the truck in this way. Or am I dissecting this more than I should. Thanks to everyone.

ABurlison
01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I would guess the best way to figure operating expenses for your vehicles would be a base price per mile, like your operating expenses including fuel could be $.30/mile, or something of that nature. *This cost base estimation would be the best way in my opinion to figure out this expense. *You could figure in (depreciation, fuel, insurance, licensing) in a per mile cost. *It might be hard to really estimate all these things, but just record your total mileage for a month, and divide your monthly costs into this mileage.

You could go as far as figuring your licensing or tags for your truck, if you pay $80 every year, that would be a monthly cost of $6.67 per month.

Hope this helps,

ANDY

Little's
01-27-2008, 02:12 AM
The IRS bases your vehicle operating costs at $.40 per mile when you do your taxes. That may be a good place to start your figuring.