PDA

View Full Version : Trying to acquire new customers

Home Savers
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Home Savers started doing foreclosures for local banks, picked some individual customers along the way. Foreclosure work is changing, banks paying less & less for services, large asset management companies taking lion's share and will only pay me 40% of what I was getting. Have 2 rigs, each with 1-1/2 year old, 54" Husqvarna zero-turns on them sitting idle. So, we need to get into routine lawn service for individual customers. Impressed with Gopher, looked at this site 2 years ago. Will be visiting frequently for awhile until we drum up some more work (frankly, we are starving right now!)

Steve
01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Which direction would you like to take your business now? What would be your ideal customer?

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I see a lot of guys doing foreclosure work but like everything else it gets saturated with tons of new guys and then the companies get away with paying chump change.

I get at least a call every week saying "we scheduled more work then we can handle". I just hang up on these people.

I think you made a wise decision going it alone. You and you alone can decide what your worth and you have experience to know how long a lawn will take.

Home Savers
01-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks for confirming what I have been thinking & experiencing. It helps to know what's happening to others in the business.

LawnBoy0311
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
I feel your pain! Foreclosure work is a big PITA in my area! Good luck with the new venture!

Steve
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
It seems the upside to doing the work is that once you get in, you don't have to keep marketing and you deal with less customers.

The down side seems to be that you have one big customer who can really impact your business with their decisions.

With more customers, a single customer will have less impact on you whether they stay or go.