PDA

View Full Version : how do you answer your phone

FourSeasons
01-25-2008, 03:23 PM
How do you guys answer your phone?

When I answer mine I just say - Hi this is Rob...

I should probably be saying - Green Image Lawn & Landscape this is Rob.

Or something close to that.

Do you think its not "professional" to just say Hi this is Rob.

People probably dont know if they called the right number without a proper greeting.

Also, do you have your phone in the business name or is it your name.
My phone is in my wifes name. I would like to put it in the business name but they want a $500 deposit.
I noticed though that sometimes when I call people with caller ID they are suprised that its me because of the her name on it.
IT would be nice to have the business name come up on the caller ID. I don't like it when it shows up my wifes name. Makes me feel stupid sometimes.

Do any of you guys go thru this?

realhuntin
01-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Rob.

This is another great post! I agree with you on the greeting says it all professionally.

In the old business my Co name appeared on caller Id's.

With this Co I use my home phone and my wife's name appears on the caller ID also as yours does.

When we answer the phone, We as "Good morning or Good afternoon R & R lawn Care this is so & so speaking, how may I help you.

We do this when we don't recognize the phone # or the # is blocked/unavailable in the ID.

When answering my cell phone I just say "Hello! This is Tim" most people that have my cell # knows who they are calling as R & R so it is a more relaxed greeting. Not unprofessional in my opinion.

In my opinion I wouldn't go with a business line until you feel you can justify the added expense of the monthly rates a business line has.

ABurlison
01-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I just switched over to a complete package deal with my local cable company to get phone-internet-cable, and when setting up my phone they let me keep my current phone # and then they asked how do you want to be listed in the phone books, and I said, well I do some lawn care on the side, can I have it appear in my business name, and they said sure, no problem, so my phone will be listed under New City Lawn Care, with no extra charges or anything, and I got this package for $69.97/month. *And it does show up on other peoples caller ID as NEW CITY LAWN CARE.

Just as Rob, if I don't recognize the phone # I simply answer, Hello, this is Andy, and it hasn't caused me any problems or have anyone hang up on me.

You could put in *67 before you call anyone, and it will block the name from appearing on their caller ID.

Steve
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Isn't it amazing how technology has changed the way we do business? For the longest time, if you wanted a commercial business line, you had to pay an exuberant price.

Now you can just get a internet connection and have the phone say anything you want.

Also, do any of you simply use a cell # for your business line? Or do you have a land line forward to your cell #?

FourSeasons
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Quote[/b] ]Now you can just get a internet connection and have the phone say anything you want.
What do you mean by this Steve?

Quote[/b] ]
Also, do any of you simply use a cell # for your business line? Or do you have a land line forward to your cell #?

I only use my cell phone. If I didn't have to have a land line for the internet I probably wouldnt even have a land line.